Mind if I say something nice?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cattynat

Hearth Supporter
Oct 3, 2006
South Shore, MA
I've been on here about 24 hours and, if you don't mind, I need to say that you guys are great. Lurking around and reading other threads tells me that there's an awful lot of intelligent, caring individuals here. Some goofballs. A few hams. And at least one philosopher. But a truckload of knowledge and problem solving and thoughtfulness. Nice group!
Thanks for being you.
And now I'll leave the room.

On behalf of the goofballs, thank you.

BrotherBart said:
On behalf of the goofballs, thank you.
goofballs ? Is she talking about us ? ;-P Na............Couldnt be. Welcome to the site cattynat Thanks for the praise.

The site's official Poet Laurette is MoHeat. I'm wracking my brains trying to figure out who the philosopher is, but I can't think of anyone who qualifies. Maybe BB in kind of a Will Rogers way.

Eric Johnson said:
The site's official Poet Laurette is MoHeat. I'm wracking my brains trying to figure out who the philosopher is, but I can't think of anyone who qualifies. Maybe BB in kind of a Will Rogers way.

Nah. Has to be Craig.

Will Rogers. I like that. A fellow Texan. Aw shucks.

I haven't been around long enough to say 'thanks',
but I have been around long enough to say 'thanks' ...(I agree).

Dylan said:
BrotherBart said:
Eric Johnson said:

Nah. Has to be Craig.

Will Rogers. I like that. A fellow Texan. Aw shucks.

I thought Will Rogers was from Oklahoma.

He was. But in Fort Worth we adopted him. Figured he couldn't really be an Okie.

LOL
OK, GVA, I'll put down the gun... for now.

Attachments

• Mind if I say something nice?
    titre_emma_peel.gif
    16.7 KB · Views: 486
o.k. so you've been lurking. Not too many people lurk long before they ask what size stove they should buy, or if they can install a 10lb doohicky into a 5 lb slot.

So, let's hear it!!!

(Hey folks...I think it's Mrs. MoHeat. don't tell her about the time Mo...uuuuuuhhhhh.... Nivermind)

Wow, now we're famous. Visited by the Avengers.

OK, I'll confess. Diana Rigg was my heart throb. I don't think I missed a single Avengers installment. The Emma Peel era was my favorite. There was amazing chemistry there. Loved that show.

Yup, a great (fake) role model, too. Nancy Drew, Emma Peel, Speed's girlfriend Trixie, and Kate Janeway. But I digress (?)

Warren -- Believe it or not I don't have a stove/wood fetish yet. But I expect that will change if I hang around here much longer. Right now, I'm getting a lot of help on some fireplace and chimney issues. However, we have an out-building that's almost the next thing to take care of on the to-do list (we bought the neighborhood fixer-upper a few years back and are taking care of things whenever we can.) And there's a very interesting, rather large, cast iron wood stove in there! So I bet I'll be milling around here someday soon "talking stove" and "talking fuel" with the rest of yuz.

Well you opened pandora's box, everbody is trying to figure out who the hams are and the one
philosopher. care to dish out a few hints

MountainStoveGuy said:
I would go with BB and roo as the hams. dylan and craig as the philisophers :)

And give up my goofball status? NEVER!

Oh come on...Your saying Elk isn't the philosopher? :)

Damn I guess I sound too serious. Corie deserves the Howard Cosell award for telling it like it is. best illustrated in the tiawanese post yesterday. no sugar coating there

We all be "characters".

It goes with woodburning.

Otherwise we would all be over in alt.boring.basketweaving.

LOL! I had no idea what I'd started... And there's no WAY I'm divulging who's who. (But some of the "guesses" have been right on the money. You guys know each other pretty well, don't you?)
Honestly, the more I read and poke around, the more clear it's becoming that this is a very cool group. Ecclectic and cool.

And, Warren, "Ní ólann na mná leann ach imíonn sé lena linn."

cattynat said:
"Ní ólann na mná leann ach imíonn sé lena linn."

True that.

cattynat said:
And, Warren, "Ní ólann na mná leann ach imíonn sé lena linn."

Bottoms up. Here's to ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.