Mama Bear into Baby bear.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell does that mean?
That I am even more of an ass for modifying the stove?

No comment, but I have a brand new EPA certified stove by Haugh's Canada here in the box I would have sent you for that stove. Including shipping. Both ways. The exact size you need, heats 250 - 1000 sf.
Did anyone notice it's also a LEFTY ? ;sick

Until now the dreaded D doors only showed up from the right hand pattern.

PatenDed Door $750 ebay WI.JPG

Reactions: Todd67
Yep, sure did notice it's a lefty. But no sense pouring gasoline on an open wound... Cringe-worthy:(

I think checkthisout is trying to restore his mama bear to original specs before the Fisher Stove police show up at his door...!!!

I think checkthisout is trying to restore his mama bear to original specs before the Fisher Stove police show up at his door...!!!
Would it be possible to just fabricate the steel body back to original specs and all would be well? Since the bodies were farmed out, anyway? He did say he could do it.

If so, what would it be worth? Sounds like a lot of rare stuff going on with it.

Would it be possible to just fabricate the steel body back to original specs and all would be well? Since the bodies were farmed out, anyway? He did say he could do it.

If so, what would it be worth? Sounds like a lot of rare stuff going on with it.

An original unmodified rare stove is worth much more than a butchered, then restored stove. To a purist collector the only thing of value on this particular mama bear might be it's door and the bear feet, even if the stove is restored back to it's original condition.

As with anything else, value is based on what the seller and buyer agree on.

For me, as a collector, I try to preserve these Fisher stoves as they came from the showroom, to preserve Bob's legacy in a way.

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
No comment, but I have a brand new EPA certified stove by Haugh's Canada here in the box I would have sent you for that stove. Including shipping. Both ways. The exact size you need, heats 250 - 1000 sf.
Did anyone notice it's also a LEFTY ? ;sick

Until now the dreaded D doors only showed up from the right hand pattern.

View attachment 236491
Why not burn that epa stove. You might be surprised.

M92 could be Medford. Coaly has a list of most, if not all, licensee locations. I haven't seen any stoves from the west coast so I'm not sure of the markings. Some markings and numbers don't mean anything as far as location, like those 5 numbers on my Baby Bear don't tell us where it was made.

Don't take any of the verbal "abuse" personal. Worse things happen to Fisher stoves all the time when they end up in scrapyards. You've made the stove into something you can use. People either sell them for WAY more than they are worth, or they scrap them. There seems to be fewer sold around me for a "fair" price these days.

Keep posting the pics. Two cans of paint is minimum for a stove that size. The first fire you burn in it will smell real bad as the paint cures on the stove.

I can easily get a nice, new, nickle-plated, coil-type handle end, but think I would like the ball style better.

Any suggestions? It would be really cool if it was nickle-plated like the feet.

Does it have a ball handle on it now? The spring handles are cooler to the touch.

Cleaned up nicely!

Are you building a tiny home?

Is it going to be insulated? If so how do you plan on meeting clearances? And even uninsulated that is still way to much stove for a shipping container.

Looks like the OP (or someone else) removed all of his pics from this thread, and deleted all but a few words from his #1 post...:confused:

Looks like the OP (or someone else) removed all of his pics from this thread, and deleted all but a few words from his #1 post...:confused:
They did it themselves for some reason

full

This stove is serving me well. I further modified it with a heat box to connect to the blower to distribute the air throughout the cabin.

full

This stove is serving me well. I further modified it with a heat box to connect to the blower to distribute the air throughout the cabin.
There are many pretty serious clearance issues with that install

Reactions: Osage
There are many pretty serious clearance issues with that install
Of course. It's a tiny house so it also get tiny clearances.

After 20 cords, it's safe.

Of course. It's a tiny house so it also get tiny clearances.

After 20 cords, it's safe.
Tiny cords don’t count.
But tiny pyrolysis does.

Anyone installing wood stoves anywhere in the USA must adhere to NFPA 211 and any local building codes. Clearances and materials used in this installation are not safe or approved practices.

Like the floor protection sign says, this thread is closed.

Reactions: bholler
Status
Not open for further replies.