Lopi Liberty

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Loaded 6 splits (cherry) east to west 3 deep and two high. It's not choked down all the way, 84 downstairs and 72 upstairs and the temp outside is 8 degrees.

The basement install seems to be working fine.

Zap

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] Lopi Liberty
    100_0331-1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 369
I would say that is an understatement. I can't get upstairs heat from the basement stove because the outside cat is laying in front of it loving it. But if I open the basement door the fifteen year old inside cat will attack trying to kill her. And she will kick his old ass. So the outside cat has her own personal Jotul F3CB burning for her down there while the 30 handles upstairs duties.

There is no fool like an old wood burning fool.

BrotherBart said:
I would say that is an understatement. I can't get upstairs heat from the basement stove because the outside cat is laying in front of it loving it. But if I open the basement door the fifteen year old inside cat will attack trying to kill her. And she will kick his old ass. So the outside cat has her own personal Jotul F3CB burning for her down there while the 30 handles upstairs duties.

There is no fool like an old wood burning fool.

And we think we are in charge.

zap

Zap nice stove, We were looking at the Lopi stoves today,I really wanted a stove I could load logs north to south. How long of log can you get in yours front to back without getting to close to glass?
Thanks ~ Ramsay

RAMSAY said:
Zap nice stove, We were looking at the Lopi stoves today,I really wanted a stove I could load logs north to south. How long of log can you get in yours front to back without getting to close to glass?
Thanks ~ Ramsay

About 16" max. 15" would be even better. I have a lot of wood in my stacks that's just a bit too long to load N-S in the Liberty. E-W, of course, is no prob...it'll take 22"+. I keep an eye out for the ones that are bit shorter, and sometimes I load it up N-S. Burns well either way, but it's easier to stuff full N-S, if that's what you're wanting to do. Rick (I'm answering for Zap because I'm his attorney :coolsmile: )

Thanks counselor, I wished it was more like 18''. So how do you like that stove?
~ Ramsay

If you want to load 18" N/S, the Endeavor does it. It has a square box, so you can load either way. Smaller than the Liberty, but bigger than your Vista.

RAMSAY said:
Thanks counselor, I wished it was more like 18''. So how do you like that stove?
~ Ramsay

Oh, we like it just fine. It gets the job done (~2600 ft² 2-story w/lofted upstairs) and we think it looks good doing it. Wouldn't be nearly as effective without the blower kit and our array of ceiling fans, but no stove would be. Lots of other choices, though (ref. madrone's post above, e.g.)...just gotta find the one that's right for you. Keep asking me questions...it's all on Zap's tab. ;-) Rick

Madrone, yes the Endeavor is on our list. I'm very impressed with Lopi. The factory video was cool too!! How many square feet are you heating with your stove?

I'm heating about 1300sqft. This is a pretty mild climate, so most of the time it's more stove than I need, but we've had cold snaps the last 2 years that made me glad I had it. No problem heating the whole house, even on softwoods.

I have the Endeavor and we're heating 1950 square feet about 1150 lower level, 800 is upstairs. When it's in the lower teens the furnace will run for about an hour before I reload in the morning with the t-stat set at 70*. I also have double doors leading into my living room that I can close and knock off about 300 square feet which really helps when it's cold. It's my first season with the stove but I've been completely happy so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.