Lopi Liberty question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Glad you like yours. My search turned up nothing in upstate New York in the non-compliant version Liberty, and while the four dealers I spoke with all expect the nexgen-fyres to arrive by the end of January, only one will have one on the floor, and it'll be an Endeavor.

After nearly 20 years with a VC that we loved, I finally ran across a lightly used Liberty that I'd actually been looking for for a few years.
The stove is amazing for our needs. I only loaded it about halfway last night and still had a bucket of hot coals to quickly restart a fire this morning.
My ONLY regret, if you can call it that, is that it took so long to commit to changing and to find the right one and switch over. The dealer here has all of their pre-'20 stoves @ 30% off to try to move them out. If I'd known that was coming I may have bought new, but I doubt it. They're just too well built stoves to not look for a well cared for used one, in my opinion.
Some of the early ones had issues with the rear secondary supply tube burning out. They came up with a repair for these models and the newer ones had a shield built in. It's good to check for this and the condition of the shield when buying used. Not a big deal if it needs replacement but might indicate a stove that has been pushed hard if it is a recent model.