Lopi Berkshire - LP, low flame, big boom when shutting off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

alivegas99

Sep 30, 2019
MA
Hi everyone, I have a Lopi Berkshire (brand new) that has low flames and makes a loud boom when turned off. This boom actually throws the logs enough to undo the log positioning. With air off and flame height maxed out we still have this issue, though it is to some degree lessened. The other thing I noticed was i measured the chimney run, from floor to tip of chimney, and it was just short of 15 feet. I think the min in the manual for two 45* bends is 16 feet. Is this likely the cause of my symptoms? Anyone have ideas on what might be wrong. Our dealer has sent out two folks that were not very helpful so I thought, as a contributor to the wood forums here, I’d go over and ask the gas guys for your thoughts.
Thanks everyone!