Looking For A Sander/Spreader

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We bought a sander for our tractor from our local Mahindra dealer, it was more money but they'll hook it up and make sure the pto shaft is the correct length.

We bought the Pro 180, ours doesn't have the lights.
http://jswoodhouse.com/brochures/SD P-Pro Sand-Salt Spdr.pdf

We were going to purchase one from everything attachments (Jeremy was very easy to work with) but this afternoon I remembered seeing a pto sander at our Mahindra dealer the last time I was there so I called, he had one left.

My Kioti dealer has one too, it's very tempting with a poly hopper. I just worry about spreading salty sand all over the tractor, but it does have a shield.

Regarding that wind: wow! That tops the 50 MPH gusts we had a few days ago. Is that kind of wind typical where you live? New England is a harsh place.

Reactions: thewoodlands
This Land Pride one looks pretty decent:

Good luck with the purchase.

It looks like a nice unit, ours has a screen on the inside of the hopper so hopefully we won't get any chunks of sand down below the screen.

Ya chunks are PIA particularly when on the bottom of a full hopper

Reactions: thewoodlands
Honestly if I was putting a blower on the back and had a FEL, I might just use the bucket on the FEL and forget about a spreader. Keep a big pile of sand with a bit of salt mixed in, in a top covered 3 sided spot. When you're done blowing or plowing snow you can just scoop up some sand and spread/back drag it up/down the driveway. All without leaving the driver seat. I hate swapping implements in the winter. Our blower can be stubborn sometimes getting the PTO shaft hooked up, so for me the less of that the better.

Reactions: SpaceBus
Honestly if I was putting a blower on the back and had a FEL, I might just use the bucket on the FEL and forget about a spreader. Keep a big pile of sand with a bit of salt mixed in, in a top covered 3 sided spot. When you're done blowing or plowing snow you can just scoop up some sand and spread/back drag it up/down the driveway. All without leaving the driver seat. I hate swapping implements in the winter. Our blower can be stubborn sometimes getting the PTO shaft hooked up, so for me the less of that the better.

Thanks for the tip, I might just do that. I'll be doing enough implement swapping during the warm months, no sense in making my life harder in the winter. Eventually I'd like to pull some permits to build a large enclosed pole barn, but in the mean time I'll build some small pole sheds for my implements when it warms up. Once I have some covered work space, it won't be so bad to swap implements.