Light mods to a NC-30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Light mods to a NC-30 Light mods to a NC-30

Here's the photos. Bart, it's control is in the front and works just like the main damper. I used c-clamps to clamp the arrangement to the back.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is still a modification that your insurance company probably would not like. I really think a key damper it the best easiest and safest option. Changing how and where the air is introduced into the box can change lots of things about the burning characteristics of the stove. Stove companies have engineers and do testing for good reasons and they decided to do their air controls that way for a reason to. JUst my opinion but id let the stove alone.

Solving a lot of problems that you don't have yet.

LOL, yeah, I always try to close the barn door before the horse is out, or in this case before the barn burns down. Like I said feel free to kill the whole thread, I was offering it in the spirit of experimentation and mutual enlightenment. I've been properly put in my place.

Status
Not open for further replies.