Jotul F500 not getting air

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The poplar should be fine at that content. That’s a room temperature piece that was just split?

Yes, room temp, just split, prongs going with the grain.

Looks like I am going to have to be more than 2 years ahead in my wood supply, to let the moisture get as low as possible. Gonna just stick with the poplar this winter, I should have more than enough.

Reactions: webby3650
Sounds like you are all set! So nice that it isn't a problem with the stove or the venting.

After heating with wood for around 35 years I have learned to add on a year to what ever I thought was right before, if you have an EPA stove. Back in the day, it was always, "Red Oak needs a full year" and "White Oak needs 2 years". Make that 2 for the Red Oak and 3 for the White Oak and you'll be a whole lot closer. And like a fine wine, add another year and you will really have something. Now you do need the time and energy to get that far ahead and the space to store it, not everyone has that.

And I'll add one more thing - get that wood top covered. Maybe I'm over-reacting to a record setting amount of rain in 2018, but all my wood is covered now and always will be. I'm going to try to never be stuck with less than ideal wood again.

Reactions: SpaceBus