It's Here!!!!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

learnin to burn

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Nov 22, 2008
Southeastern, Pa
My new Blaze King arrived today :)

I don't have time to unpack it today but it's in my basement. It was a lot easier getting the 500 lbs beast of my truck than I thought it was going to be. Here's a few pics of the package for those who say it didn't happen without pics.

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] It's Here!!!!!!!!!
    DSC00035.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,282
    DSC00037.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,294
    DSC00038.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,284
Blaze King, you say? Huh. Never heard of 'em. *giggle*

its gonna be amazing!!! unwrap please!

Congratulations! You are going to love that this winter.

Congrats..... :)

We love the Blaze Kings!!!! My dad bought one brand new the year after i was born when he bought our house and we still have it to this day. We eventually moved it up to our camp in the UP but it still burns great and holds a fire all night!!!!!

31 years and counting!!!!

I don't believe you, anything could be inside that box, prolly a Voglezang box stove made in China! :coolgrin:

Todd said:
I don't believe you, anything could be inside that box, prolly a Voglezang box stove made in China! :coolgrin:

it might be a "blaze ching"!! watch out for immitations!

Todd said:

Sears dishwasher.

Very nice!

How did you get that beast down those ramps?

learnin to burn said:
My new Blaze King arrived today :)

I don't have time to unpack it today but it's in my basement. It was a lot easier getting the 500 lbs beast of my truck than I thought it was going to be. Here's a few pics of the package for those who say it didn't happen without pics.

I thought this thread was going to be about phone books...

BrowningBAR said:

I am ashamed to say that I understand that reference. :red:

BrotherBart said:
BrowningBAR said:

I am ashamed to say that I understand that reference. :red:

me too!

Now that you guys mention it, I even understand the phone book. Does that reveal my young age? :roll:

For you the rest you doubters here's a little tease. ;-P

Getting it off the truck was as simple as giving it a little push. The pallet slid real easy on the bed liner right on to the ramps. when it was close enough to start sliding I got in front of it and guided it down. Once it hit the bottom I used a short crow bar to lift the bottom edge enough to finish the slide. took a total of about 3 minutes.

Attachments

DSC00002.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,027
    DSC00003.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,021
    DSC00001.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,050
That Blaze King firestarter looks very similar to another product that gets good reviews around here.

I wish that it were me worrying about how to get that Blaze King unloaded. Let us know your method of getting it from the door and under the chimney. I hope to replicate this procedure some day.

Let me know how you get it into the house, mines sitting in the garage and Ive been trying to line up guys to help, seems they're all busy when I tell them I need help with a stove.

When I move it I’ll either use a Hand truck with moving blankets or a small motorcycle jack that is on wheels. If you don’t have either you might consider a 1000 lb capacity movers dolly. Here is 1 from Harbor freight. You can also rent a good hand truck from Home Depot.

My brother in law has a good hand truck and a movers dolly, Ill have to get him here. My idea was to slide two 2x4's through the pallet and four guys each grab a corner and carry it, not sure of that would work and I would have to get 2 more guys in addition to my BIL.
He was over yesterday but forgot the hand truck, so I anxiously wait. My liner was shipped yesterday so I should get that this week.

thanks for the reply

I used an old school heavy duty hand truck. Put the truck against the pallet on the floor. Run the strap around the stove and use the ratchet to pull it against the cart. Once it is against the cart you can rotate it off the pallet. Not sure about the Princess, but I found the King to be pretty top heavy compared to my old stove.

We used 2 piano moving dollies to put our BK King in place, $10 a day from the rental place. Made it real easy to make it fit just right. JD

weatherguy said:
When I move it I’ll either use a Hand truck with moving blankets or a small motorcycle jack that is on wheels. If you don’t have either you might consider a 1000 lb capacity movers dolly. Here is 1 from Harbor freight. You can also rent a good hand truck from Home Depot.

My brother in law has a good hand truck and a movers dolly, Ill have to get him here. My idea was to slide two 2x4's through the pallet and four guys each grab a corner and carry it, not sure of that would work and I would have to get 2 more guys in addition to my BIL.
He was over yesterday but forgot the hand truck, so I anxiously wait. My liner was shipped yesterday so I should get that this week.

thanks for the reply
Let them put it on their shoulders & carry it on like the King that it is. :)

I'm glad to see you got it. I know my first thought when I first saw mine was... "wow, that's a big box". After getting it out of the box I though, wow, that's a big stove! :cheese:

Looking forward to all the pictures that will be coming soon from the new BK guys. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.