In San Francisco where it's 54°Fahrenheit!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Krabappel

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 31, 2010
Blue Ridge Mountains NC
Having a heavenly time (in a sweater) at the UCal Berkeley Museum of Paleontology studying with a bunch of other science dorks

Attachments

• In San Francisco where it's 54°Fahrenheit!!!
    315366_4060069616539_519887508_n.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 131
Reactions: vinny11950
Hardly gets down to 70F at night this summer with 90 to100 day time, too hot for my thick blood. One of hottest summers on record here. groan about it now, be longing for it come December as by then 30f will be a major heat wave.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

T-Rex hates doing push-ups. (the curse of really short arms)

Reactions: PapaDave
San Fran - land of the fruits and nuts.

I have always liked looking at 6000 year old dinosaurs.

Berzerkley? Its usually warmer there in the east bay than in foggy SF. I worked in Alameda for 2 years at a start-up in the high tech bubble daze. I tried to think of it as an exotic island in the east Pacific. I got to Alameda through the tunnel, which I drove to from the south bay every day going through one of the worst parts of Oakland. We usually had a few interns from CAL when I was there.

Pray to the earthquake gods while you are there. CAL is right on the Hayward fault line. If you go to the CAL football stadium, you can see where it is cracking into two pieces: one half is going north, and the other half is going south. If you like really good wine, visit Rosenblum Winery in north Alameda. Alameda and Berkeley are full of old Victorian houses too. Interesting to look at them driving around town.

You're in the middle of my old stomping grounds. Born in Oakland, grew up in the East Bay Area...El Cerrito, Kensington, Albany, Berkeley. Weather report sounds about right. Have fun! Rick

Reactions: ~*~Kathleen~*~
I am staying in SF and commuting to the campus every day via Muni and BART.

Honeymooned at the Mark Hopkins on Nob Hill in SF in 1975. We hated the hotel and after two days moved to the Travelodge on The Wharf and had a great time. Outside of the hotel too.

Correction:

9,999.9999 years old.

The dinosaurs disappeared at the end of the Cretaceous Period, about 65 million years ago. The earliest fossils found for them go back to the beginning of the Triassic Period, about 245 million years. So dinasaur fossils are somewhere between 65 million to 240 million years old.

As that looks like a T-Rex, they lived in the later Cretaceous Period, between 85,000,000 and 65,000,000 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.