I got the Freedom installed!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

wheelhorse2347

Feb 19, 2024
Milford, Mi
I finally got the basement Lopi installed on the first floor after replacing the basement unit with an Answer insert.

Still need to build a bezel, but it’s installed with a brand new Rockflex 6” chimney 15 feet long.

I got it insulated and built a block of plate. Test fire went well, secondaries burning better than it did with 25 feet of chimney. Very excited for winter.

[Hearth.com] I got the Freedom installed! [Hearth.com] I got the Freedom installed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bigealta
The beast awakens. I kind of like it without any shroud. Just paint the liner black.

PS: Looks like the hearth may need a thin ember-protection extension.

Yeah, we will be buying a hearth rug for this season, and in spring I’ll be tiling an extra 12 inches along the front of the hearth. This only comes out to about 9 inches of hearth extending in front of the door