I Could Use Some Advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
You shouldn't need an adapter with single wall
Also don't get crazy concerned of there is an ever so small gap between the stove pipe and flue collar, if wont leak smoke and it doesn't need sealant between any of the seams, just 3 self taping screws, don't forget, male end pointed back to the stove incase liquid creosote forms, it can drip back into the stove, the smoke will naturally be pulled by the vacuum (draft) out through the chimney.

Thank you! I was concerned I wouldn't be able to get my first burn in this weekend.

I used DuraBlack pipe. It isnt crimped. Fits perfect in the collar. No gaps.

Reactions: Jbeau009
Thanks everybody!

I Could Use Some Advice

Reactions: Mech e
That finished out nicely. Enjoy the warmth!

Reactions: Jbeau009
I thought so too, but by the time you spend the time learning how you'll need to build for your setup (I was on slow end of learning curve), what & how to construct, spending time and money on masonry items, especially if you haven't done masonry projects, you're probably not saving much.
That said, knowing what's involved making my hearth pad I'd do it again. It gives you freedom to choose how you want to design and construct. The store bought are OK for rudimentary layouts, but more involved layouts you'll need to build yourself.
Plus it was an interesting & rewarding project.

Lots of great advice and info on this forum.

You hit the nail on the head. I don't know that I saved any money at all but it sure was rewarding. I know all of the imperfections and, so far, they don't bother me.