How to clean an ovalized liner?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

19glendale

Feb 1, 2015
Northern Virginia
What are the best tools and techniques to clean an ovalized liner? I have a self-ovalized 23 foot Olympia easy flex liner. I would prefer to use a brush with polymer bristles. Do I just get a standard brush and hope for the best? I don't have to worry about this until next year, but just want to plan.

I would have to vote for rotary cleaning. Look into the sooteater.

Reactions: 19glendale
They do make oval brushes.

I second the rotary thing and have to add easyflex is not an olympia liner

I use a Rutland 8 inches sweepsall poly brush.

I second the rotary thing and have to add easyflex is not an olympia liner
Thank you. Forever Flex. The Olympia Forever Flex is marketed/sold as 'Easy-Flex' by Woodland Direct.

I used the sooteater for the first time today on my 26' x 6" SS liner which was ovalized to something like 5" X 7". It cleaned great!

The rod release buttons sometimes jamb tight and the trick is to reverse the drill to relieve the binding. The other trick is to just let the soot fall into a pail instead of taping bags and coffee cans to the Bottom of the "T".

I used the sooteater for the first time today on my 26' x 6" SS liner which was ovalized to something like 5" X 7". It cleaned great!

The rod release buttons sometimes jamb tight and the trick is to reverse the drill to relieve the binding. The other trick is to just let the soot fall into a pail instead of taping bags and coffee cans to the Bottom of the "T".
Thanks! I have one on my "christmas list" and will buy one if Santa fails to deliver...

Status
Not open for further replies.