How to burn wood pellets in 2006 Auburn corn burner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
nope one wire goes to that common terminal block mounted on the back of the stove the other to the one i pointed to in the pic

View attachment 270128View attachment 270127
Ok, forgive my ignorance. One bare wire directly to a prong sticking out of the common terminal block, the other wire to the grey wire that goes from the fan TO the common terminal block (that's the one circled in the pic) but the end to the fan?
I'm supposed to pull that connection apart, I'm assuming...other wise it's just plastic.

Am I getting warmer?

Attachments

• How to burn wood pellets in 2006 Auburn corn burner
    IMG_20201222_183433438.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 117
yes that looks right. now when you plug that into the outlet be prepared to pull it back out. if the motor is set up it could smoke it or blow your circuit breaker

what we are trying to do is make the connection to the 2 wires from the motor without going through the snap disc on the exhaust blower housing. and it will tell us if your convection fan is good or not

yes that looks right. now when you plug that into the outlet be prepared to pull it back out. if the motor is set up it could smoke it or blow your circuit breaker
Absolutely nothing happened. I tried it 3 times (double checking the connections each time) nada. Not a spark, not hum, nothing.

ok plug everything back in unhook your test cord, is the blower motor wires accessable /unplugable?

can you spin the blower by hand?

ok thats good i have to study your pics again and compare to the wiring diagram in the manual. i just want to know the blower is gonna work or not.

the wire hooked to the pink wire. does it go to the motor?

ok cool separate the pink&grey/Blk wire hook one test wire to the blk/ grey. then hook one to your common block.
How to burn wood pellets in 2006 Auburn corn burner

yep thats the one

sweeet!!.. ok now we know all the major components are functional.. you can take your test cord out and plug the wires back in. and you have now passed basic electricity 101 :) the next thing is to pull the combustion blower and take a look at the fan paddles and chamber

sweeet!!.. ok now we know all the major components are functional.. you can take your test cord out and plug the wires back in. and you have now passed basic electricity 101 :) the next thing is to pull the combustion blower and take a look at the fan paddles and chamber
Lol. Aye aye .
And thank you! :cool:

This is my end section of PelletVent Pro from 09. I sent this picture this fall in a email to Simpson and they sent me a new piece and a term cap! I didn't even ask for the cap

Guess I should have sent a picture to them as well (of my corroded clean out transition Tee) but I just ordered a new one from Venting Pipe.com. Wasn't all the expensive, like 50 bucks. Never occurred to me that it might be warranted. Oh well, next time it rusts out I will, if I'm not rusted out myself..... :eek:

Ok, before I take that whole thing off, as I don't have an extra gasket, or any heat proof silicone, and it's proving to be difficult to reach all the bolts, what am I checking? Because I can see the paddle from the exhaust exit. It's fairly creosoted up in there, compared to the rest of everywhere, but nothing seems to be missing. Btw, woke up to blizzard conditions today after several days of 50's. Ugh, Nebraska.

Running, and not running (hard to tell but theyre spinning in one of those).

Attachments

IMG_20201223_132345193.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 106
    IMG_20201223_132355250.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 111
    IMG_20201223_132433776.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 108
Any deposits on the combustion fan blades will cause it to flow reduced air (draft). It must be clean to function correctly.

I keep wondering how any biomass stove builds creosote. Neither of mine ever did, only fly ash and a bit of hard carbon in the burn pot.

In my view, creosote buildup is only caused by 2 things, insufficient combustion air causing a rich burn and too low of exhaust temps causing the by products of combustion to condense in the exhaust tract and form creosote. Both of which can be addressed with proper air-fuel mixture and running the stove hard enough to keep the internal metal surfaces hot enough so it never forms.

After my initial cleaning of my combustion fan I never replaced the expensive fiber gasket. I just use a bead of high temp red RTV instead.

Any deposits on the combustion fan blades will cause it to flow reduced air (draft). It must be clean to function correctly.

I keep wondering how any biomass stove builds creosote. Neither of mine ever did, only fly ash and a bit of hard carbon in the burn pot.

In my view, creosote buildup is only caused by 2 things, insufficient combustion air causing a rich burn and too low of exhaust temps causing the by products of combustion to condense in the exhaust tract and form creosote. Both of which can be addressed with proper air-fuel mixture and running the stove hard enough to keep the internal metal surfaces hot enough so it never forms.

After my initial cleaning of my combustion fan I never replaced the expensive fiber gasket. I just use a bead of high temp red RTV instead.
Red RTV?