How to burn wood pellets in 2006 Auburn corn burner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I actually did get a few better angles of it. I dont know if it tells you anything you didnt already know.

that would be your intake tube.

I actually did get a few better angles of it. I dont know if it tells you anything you didnt already know.
That is the intake air adding air into the burn pot. No blockage there. The exhaust side is the side that is f'd up:eek:

Update: I fired it up again. This time my stove pip DID get warm. Not hot, just warm. And I could see smoke coming out the cap outside.
Maybe that creosote shot did something last night?
I'll buy more when I'm in Lincoln again.
:)

Reactions: Washed-Up
If you can get ahold of the pellets, I think that they’ll work better than the log.

Reactions: Rxwoman1961
Agree with SSyko, if not plugged at top.. what a maze. of a stove to clean...
I understand what you are saying. But if you hit it with a leaf blower a couple of times a year it will run like a swiss watch. I am a tech and have run one for 11yrs and still dont know the exhaust path and it drives me crazy. But I have figured out that if you brush out ash traps and leaf blow it regularly they run like a champ...

I understand what you are saying. But if you hit it with a leaf blower a couple of times a year it will run like a swiss watch. I am a tech and have run one for 11yrs and still dont know the exhaust path and it drives me crazy. But I have figured out that if you brush out ash traps and leaf blow it regularly they run like a champ...
Well i think we all understand that now , only thing thats left. Is to try and salvage the stove that she had no control over the previous owners bad habits.

ok so lets go over what she has done
1: cleaned out visual parts.
2: bought a leaf blower and dryer duct, not much of anything came out.
3: Removed and cleaned the combustion blower and upgraded paddle fan blade.
4: leaf blower on vent pipe. Nothing reported like soot all over the roof .
5: replaced vac switch
6: refrigerator tube brush. Cleaned hiden area’s and vacuumed out

we have reached a plateau. What i see as a last ditch effort is to tryand burn out anything left with an over burn” outside”

what else can be done? I’m all ears and im sure Rx is too

At 406 replies it has to be close to a record on here? It is rare for a thread to go into the triple digits

Reactions: Ssyko and Washed-Up
I trying one more time. This time I left the little metal doors to ash clean outs off hoping more air would get through?

Attachments

• How to burn wood pellets in 2006 Auburn corn burner
    IMG_20210103_152939591.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 110
  • How to burn wood pellets in 2006 Auburn corn burner
    IMG_20210103_154219746.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: Ssyko and Washed-Up
How did that go?

Reactions: Ssyko
You are a wonderful person....

I want to see this stove burn, and then we can decide if its a keeper and gets new convection blower

I want to see this stove burn, and then we can decide if its a keeper and gets new convection blower
I was hoping for a road trip in the Suburban...... Still need to go to Valentine, Nebraska and pick up my Mule Deer mount anyway.

Reactions: Washed-Up
Last edited:
I have 5 bikes and none is a potato bike...
I've had 3 bikes a 650 BSA lighting a Norton 500 and a
Zundapp Flat4 shaft drive with sidecar My Father shipped
it to Canada from Holland at the end of the 2nd world war
What I want to know is what is a potato bike never heard the term
My wife won't let me drive a bike claims I'm too old

I own a pristine Norton 750 High piped P11A scrambler, a Triumph 2300cc Rocket 3 dresser a Centennial Trumph Bonneville with a custom built sidecar and a Kawasaki KLR 650 ADV bike I use for errands.. I'm 70 and still motoring, I ignore my wife.....lol

A potato bike is a Harley. When they idle they sound like... potato, potato, potato, potato, hence potato bike...... ;lol

I own a pristine Norton 750 High piped P11A scrambler, a Triumph 2300cc Rocket 3 dresser a Centennial Trumph Bonneville with a custom built sidecar and a Kawasaki KLR 650 ADV bike I use for errands.. I'm 70 and still motoring, I ignore my wife.....lol

A potato bike is a Harley. When they idle they sound like... potato, potato, potato, potato, hence potato bike...... ;lol
In post 363 where it shows the cut-away photo it shows a cable. I use a old throttle cable on the end of a drill and pull the two small caps off by the pot and start there and feed the cable in till I can see it in the area where the exhaust motor is mounted. Slide small piece of pipe over the cable before inserting so you don't have a spinning cable against your hand.

Just have to be careful how far you go. Get into the combustion fan and it will destroy the blades.

Just have to be careful how far you go. Get into the combustion fan and it will destroy the blades.
I have done this at the end of season cleaning with the motor removed. I agree that stove must be plugged somewhere and perhaps this may be the area. I also do the leaf-blower trick on mine quite often during the winter, works great. I wish her the best with her stove as mine is also a 2006 stove and I remove the combustion and convection motors every year to clean ,oil combustion motor (2nd motor) and on occasions put a little grease ( high temp , no melt) in the convection motor(original) bearings. To get grease in I used a dental pick and removed one seal and put a little grease in and put the seal back on.
I hope you get it running as I really like mine. Once started it runs 24/7 for the winter and only found it shut down a few times. (2 or 3 auger jams from metal , a seized combustion motor , and well maybe , when I forgot to fill it)
Corn that I get is dried down to about 12% and I mix in somewhere around 10% pellets.

Reactions: Rxwoman1961
She tried the leaf blower and absolutely nothing came out except clear air. That tells me what was loose ash that caused the stove to shut down originally has been turned into a hardened mess when the previous guy decided to jump the vac switch and force it to keep going. He ran it plugged with the switch jumped until it creosoted up to the point it would not sustain a fire. Then sold it! 30 seconds with a leaf blower when it shut originally and the stove would have still been golden. I have serviced many of these stoves and if it shuts down on a low vac error, I brush ash traps out, Brush vent pipe then open the front door and suck it out w/ leaf blower. Vac goes from a .05 or so to .3 inwc where it belongs. It only needs .1 inwc to close the switch so if it shuts down it is pretty plugged