Help Identifying Old Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

open_book

Nov 16, 2019
MD
Hello all,

Looking to see if anyone can identify this stove. I've been heating with wood for four years and three houses now, ranging from a 2000 sqft lit by a masonry heatilator + a freestanding Franklin stove, to an 800 sqft apartment heated with one small Jotul.

I'm setting up my third residence to heat with wood also, using an insert into an existing masonry fireplace. I happen to have the chance to pick up my grandfather's wood burner free. It's been garage-kept for a few years. Couldn't find a brand marker or model anywhere on it. It's got to be fairly old. Any leads, large or small, on ID'ing this thing would be much appreciated.

Josh

Grandpa's Stove.PNG

Looks like it might be an old Buck insert like a 28000?

Yeah it looks like a buck or one of the many copies of them. You will need an 8" liner and an adapter boot