Please help Identifying insert and any useful information

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bhowell9595

Nov 30, 2023
Medina, Ohio
Hello, I am new to this forum. I have been learning myself from this form for the past few years. I need some help with identifying my wood burning insert. I bought the house a few years ago and have been burning to supplement my propane furnace. The burner soley heats my four seasons room.
I was wondering if anybody knows anything about this particular unit? And if its possible to burn coal in it also. What is the max temperature for a insert like this? Any help or tips is appreciated. I know that its not a new epa certified stove but it works for the intended purposes. Mainly curious about the ability to burn coal and safe temperature limits. The name plate on it says "The Performer". Google searches dont show anything close to this antique. It also says on the nameplate to only burn solid fuel ie. Wood/Coal and that if its glowing red its too hot? Obviously. Thanks again for your time.

17013662711975355976670602720599.jpg1701366831829727939384220406399.jpg