Heating to max: Blaze King

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pavlenko.yann

Nov 3, 2017
When I fire up my stove and put airflow under 1.25 I sometimes get the stove heating up to max. Not sure whats problem, any clues will be helpful.

Thanks,
Yann

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

That is normal. First, combustors are hyper sensitive for the first few months.

Second, when you lower the thermostat setting, the gases slow down the rate at which they pass through the combustor.

This increase in residence time actually results in greater activity and a cleaner burn.

While the weighted average emissions may be, in the case of one model, .80 gr/hr., on low it is nearly half that amount.

Hope this helps...enjoy the "glow".

Reactions: pavlenko.yann
That is normal. First, combustors are hyper sensitive for the first few months.

Second, when you lower the thermostat setting, the gases slow down the rate at which they pass through the combustor.

This increase in residence time actually results in greater activity and a cleaner burn.

While the weighted average emissions may be, in the case of one model, .80 gr/hr., on low it is nearly half that amount.

Hope this helps...enjoy the "glow".
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk