Heat and Glo Northstar Review - with pictures!

Drewman Posted By Drewman, Sep 12, 2015 at 8:49 PM

1. Drewman

Drewman
    Member 2.
    NULL

Aug 10, 2015
    Loc:
    Ohio
    Just wanted to post a quick review. I installed this at my previous residence and loved it.

Pros: the design matched our home
    the integrated fan put off a lot of heat
    easy to clean

Cons: minor- a metal piece inside the firebox would fall down if I bumped it with a log. Dealer was no help. it shielded the ceramic blanket that sat atop the baffle. I would just pull it out till the fire died down and with time my technique was more delicate. If I lived there more than the two burning seasons I would have created a permanent solution.

Overall we were extremely pleased and would install the same thing again at that house based on function/design.
    2500sq foot home built in 2000 cap cod. It heated the upstairs and main living area well - the main living area opens to the upstairs. The rest of the first floor was much cooler.
    IMG_0690b.JPG IMG_0701.JPG PICT9987.JPG
    IMG_1474.JPG IMG_1478.JPG

2. DAKSY

DAKSY
    Patriot Guard Rider Moderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    I always liked the Northstar, except when I had to move it for installation puposes. Probably installed 10 - 12 of them.
    great heater. Good looking. Secondaries are amazing when they kick in. We heated our store in Troy, NY, with one.
    If I ever return to being a woodburner, that's probably the unit I'd install in my home.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mminor

mminor
    Member 2.
    NULL

Sep 11, 2015
    Loc:
    Long Island NY
    Drew - thanks so much for your great review of the Heat and Glow Northstar! The pictures are always a bonus as well.

I've seen quite a few positive reviews from Hearth members which is super helpful for those researching zero clearance FP's. In fact, I don't recall seeing anything all that negative about the Northstar.

Thanks again!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...