Hearthstone Information - New buyer beware.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens if you need that part installed? Not everyone can do it themselves and not everyone wants to do it themselves. I buy from a small local sthil dealer and I know if I have any issues I take it over there and they take care of it. If I tell them I need it the next day they get it done. Now what happens if something goes wrong with your stove in the middle of the heating season? If I sold you the stove you can call me 24/7 and I will be there to get you up and running that night if need be if it is your only source of heat. By the way I do that for stoves I didn't sell also but I am a sweep first and and sell stoves second. And I probably wont have parts for it if it isn't a regency. Now if you bought it online who is going to come out in the middle of the night to get you running again?
What happens is you get a disposable culture. One that is willing to throw something not working into the trash or put it on eBay for the next person to fix. Not everyone is mechanically inclined.

What internet sales often mean is that more money is leaving your community. That affects local cash flow. It means that local merchants shut down and don't pay taxes, don't contribute to local activities. This affects local schools, parks, community centers. Soon all you have are regional Walmarts and a dead community with the local community dollars supporting a corporation thousands of miles away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.