harman ready for motherboard?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
a couple days ago i replaced the esp. stove ran normal for 24 hrs. then last night in the middle of the night the distribution motor started up, 6 hrs after the stove shut itself down. i have ordered a new board. what i noticed was that while the stove was doing its crazy stuff, with the power switch on, that turning the fuel feed knob just a touch, seemed to reset everything and now, like it always does, it will run normal for a while. somewhere in a post someone said the pots go bad. like there is a dead spot or something in the pot. i have seen this knob do this before......reset everything. anyone have any takes on this?

a couple days ago i replaced the esp. stove ran normal for 24 hrs. then last night in the middle of the night the distribution motor started up, 6 hrs after the stove shut itself down. i have ordered a new board. what i noticed was that while the stove was doing its crazy stuff, with the power switch on, that turning the fuel feed knob just a touch, seemed to reset everything and now, like it always does, it will run normal for a while. somewhere in a post someone said the pots go bad. like there is a dead spot or something in the pot. i have seen this knob do this before......reset everything. anyone have any takes on this?
Bob,

If it was my stove I'd pull the board and give the pots a good spraying with Deoxit D5 while turning them back and forth. It's both a clean and lube with near magical powers;)

YMMV,

Hugh

well, here's the rest of the story. i got my new board but haven't even opened up the box. maybe my esp was internittantly bad and at any rate was ready to be replaced after 5 yrs. BUT i cleaned the pot that controls fuel amount [done it once in the past and it helped] and the stove has worked flawlessly for a week. i think at least twist the knob several times each start up will keep it clean going forward but if you look back at this thread all my malfunctions seem pretty far out to be fixed like this but for the past week they seem to be.

Reactions: Ssyko and SciGuy