Harman Magnum Stoker

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

lewis712

Hearth Supporter
Dec 29, 2010
Newville, PA
Hello all,

When my wife and I purchased our house in 2004, it came with a Harman Magnum Stoker. The previous owners had this installed in 1995 and cost them around $1,875 according to the figures they put on the brochure. The outside of the stoker, the thermostat, the verti-flow blower, the 2 output pipes and the extra front face plate are in great condition. The inside of the stoker shows wear and tear, but that's to be expected.

We didn't buy coal this year to see if us running the heat pump would be any better, since coal has gone up in price to $200/ton where we live. We usually go thru about 3 ton depending on how hard the winter is.

My question is...IF I were to try and sell this unit, what would be my best option to do so. Should I go thru craigslist? a dealer? trade in? Or, what do you think I could get out of it?

Thanks,
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.