Eye Candy.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Thanks for the effort I appreciate and I bet they are really good too. I don't trust the accept cookies or something so I cannot get in but if you give me the names of them I will look them up and then my my "critical comments" if there are any--thanks so much for the effort...I"m old and don't trust when people have "cookies" to see something--that's fattening...Thanks clancey

Reactions: thewoodlands
Thanks for the effort I appreciate and I bet they are really good too. I don't trust the accept cookies or something so I cannot get in but if you give me the names of them I will look them up and then my my "critical comments" if there are any--thanks so much for the effort...I"m old and don't trust when people have "cookies" to see something--that's fattening...Thanks clancey
Look up Zoe Berman, Freezing Heat, she calls Colorado home.

Thanks I sure will--nothing wrong with another CO singer--lol.. I'll get back to you on this--lol--getting my critical lenses ready--lol...thanks clancey..

Thanks I sure will--nothing wrong with another CO singer--lol.. I'll get back to you on this--lol--getting my critical lenses ready--lol...thanks clancey..
You can post your reply in the music thread since this isn't a thread I started.

Reactions: clancey
I’ve got three different stack locations to work with.

This first image is a little over 4 cords that is ready to go for this upcoming burning season.
It is a mix of 3+ year old oak and ash.

[Hearth.com] Eye Candy.

This next pile is about 2 cords of 2 year old red oak.

[Hearth.com] Eye Candy.

This final location is my long term storage. Stack is roughly 6’ high (have to go vertical for more storage space). This is roughly 6 cords of mixed oak, ash and maple. I’ve got my local tree service company supposed to be dropping another 5 cords of logs for me to add to the left side of this stack.

[Hearth.com] Eye Candy.

I have a question---I got this container for 20 dollars and I brought it home. My question is "could I store firewood in something like this? Or maybe a garden for the Spring might be better if I have it filled with dirt? It has about 8 big holes in the bottom of it. Here is a picture of it...clancey

[Hearth.com] Eye Candy.

You can store firewood in it.
But I would keep it off the ground then; i.e. buy 3 cinder blocks to put it on. Otherwise there won't be enough air flow.
AND you'd have to keep the rain off, so cover it with something (a piece of corrugated metal with a 4th cinder block on top against the wind, angled slightly so any rain would run off easily?).

If that is not possible, use it for the tomatoes or strawberries; equally enjoyable!

Reactions: clancey