Extending pre-insulated flex liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bluey

Jul 16, 2022
Southern Illinois
Hi All,

I have about 9 feet of pre-wrapped flex liner left from a previous install but need about 14 feet for a second unit. Recommendations for resolving the 5ft difference?

I have some rigid steel pieces from Lowe’s that I was thinking I could connect but not sure the best approach.

Hi All,

I have about 9 feet of pre-wrapped flex liner left from a previous install but need about 14 feet for a second unit. Recommendations for resolving the 5ft difference?

I have some rigid steel pieces from Lowe’s that I was thinking I could connect but not sure the best approach.
Get more liner and the proper coupler to join them together

This is what I have used in the past for flex liners, you will need to check to see what works best with your liner since it is pre-wrapped.