EV subsidies

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The Volt tank gets filled two or three times - a year. It actually feels a little odd when I drive an ICE vehicle these days.

I was actually exaggerating, I really only see a gas station once or twice per month, but you're making my point better for me. The kids of all these people who invent problems when debating the transition to EV's will be wondering why dad couldn't see the beauty in refilling your vehicle at home, while you sleep at night.
Believe me I see the beauty in it

For electric vehicles to become ubiquitous there will need to be more convenient locations for charging. One of the things slowing down more EV charging stations is that big oil if fighting their installations by utility companies. They want to keep fossil-fueled vehicles on the road, while Europe, Japan and China are making serious commitments to eliminating them within the next 10-20 yrs. Twenty-four European cities — from London to Paris to Madrid — are planning on phasing out fossil fuel-powered vehicles in various ways from their city centers over the next decade. Those urban areas account for 62 million people who will eventually live in zones that will no longer accommodate yesterday's diesel-burning cars. In spite of (or because of) this, an expensive lobbying campaign is being waged by big oil and Koch industries to block utilities from providing these charging stations.

I don't know why the oil industry isn't chomping at the bit to jump into this-

The oil industry is in a fantastic position to capitalize on the fact that DC Fast Charging stations have yet to reach the last mile of some locations, but their diesel oil can bridge the gap.

Unless someday small-modular-nuclear-reactors beat them to it.