End of the season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I will be lighting up the Princess today. Cold weekend coming up. However, as suggested i will do few short/hot fires using super dry cedar in order to burn off the gunk in the firebox. And this might be it for the Princess. Will have couple evening fires in the VC next week once I am back in the city.

Yes, it looks like the east coast is getting a last taste of a polar express starting today. My sister-in-law is not happy about that.

I've been done for a few weeks too. Cleaned out the stove on Wednesday. I've got next years wood in ready position for the fall, with enough in reserve for the winter of 21/22, 22/23 and 23/24. Now to enjoy the summer, it's garden planting time here in New Hampshire soon ...

Still burning a few fires a day, but I recently got some camping style dutch ovens for cooking outside. Today started as a heavy rain, then blowing snow, now to frozen mist.

Just loaded my 2nd load in the princess since I had to re-light her yesterday evening, only 42 outside right now, was 29 this morning when I woke up. House is a comfy 72 atm, perfect for me.

Yesterday afternoon i loaded the Princess with a massive cedar round (i had to wiggle it in) and some hemlock fillers. The idea was to do a short hot burn. Could not bring myself to let it burn semi high with box full of flame. Cranked it down to simmer. Time to reload. Fire starter might be needed. Once again it will be cedar and hemlock combo.

I’ve been using the heat pump for half of April . Ripping out the Clydesdale and installing a Jotul Oslo.
Hey - just wondering why you are ripping out the stove. I bought a Clydesdale last year and have been unimpressed by it. Air flow is horrible and no way can I get 50lbs of firewood in it, so have been contemplating selling it for a better stove.

I think if you had a finished basement and wanted to keep it cozy down there it is a good stove. Couldn’t heat my whole house.

got the Oslo for a steal and like it much better.