Double wall hookup help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

Dfdsc68

Feb 24, 2019
Milford PA
Hi all,
I recently purchased an
Ambiance outlander freestanding wood stove
I am using Selkirk piping utilizing a through the wall kit
I am using double wall inside
My first question is the connection between the double wall pipe and the stoves outlet. (Top vent)
I have both a 6” piece of double wall and a 6” stove pipe adapter
Both seem to fit inside the stoves outlet the same way, is the adapter needed?
How does the adapter and or double wall pipe attach to the stove? Does it just sit there and is any sealant needed?
I attached photos of the adapter as well as double wall pipe

View attachment IMG_3438.jpeg

View attachment IMG_3439.jpeg

View attachment IMG_3440.jpeg

View attachment IMG_3441.jpeg

View attachment IMG_3442.jpeg

View attachment IMG_3443.jpeg

Both the DSP pipe and their adapter have an inner diameter of 5 29/32". What is the ID of the flue collar on the stove?

If the crimp seats tightly then there is no need to seal. The crimp can be flattened out a bit with pliers to make it slightly larger. It shouldn't take much if any to do this. The crimp is only 3/32" smaller than 6".

If the crimp seats tightly then there is no need to seal. The crimp can be flattened out a bit with pliers to make it slightly larger. It shouldn't take much if any to do this. The crimp is only 3/32" smaller than 6".
Thank you, I feel I’m overlooking this whole project. As a firefighter and a dad, I want it safe that’s all!