Daimler Trucks North America is going electric

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Sounds like a tesla is in your future.
I'm a fan, and if I were buying another sedan, I'd really be tempted to go that direction. But, I am not sure I will ever need another sedan, the kids will be teenagers by the time I replace the one I have now. That may be perfect timing for me to finally get the roadster I've wanted since I was a teenager, myself.

If Tesla made a sports wagon, I would consider one to replace my wife's current wagon, but sadly... they don't. There are some nice conversions out there, for those willing to spend the money to do them, but I'm not so dead-set on Tesla that I'd be willing to shell out conversion money on top of the new car price.

https://electrek.co/2018/05/28/tesla-model-s-wagon-remetzcar/

That may be perfect timing for me to finally get the roadster I've wanted since I was a teenager, myself./
Must be a few tesla roadsters available yet. But nothing under 45K used.

I'm excited about the proliferation of powerful brushless electric motors for swaps. My automotive head instructor was working on an electric 240SX. They even mated an electric motor to the OEM five speed in a Ford Ranger.