cutting into a gas line

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have personally witnessed insurance companies paying for complete and totally negligent gas installs that actually resulted in a cabin being turned into toothpicks. And that was a professional hearth store owner. Though he should not have touched the gas line in the first place no charges were brought against him, no fine. His insurance company paid the homeowners insurance company and all was fine and dandy. Heck the brand of stoves didn't even drop him. Their line of thinking is he sells X number of stoves per year. If he happens to kill someone so what, we're self insured. Point being is that (with the exception of Elk and a few others) no one in the entire process of stove purchasing and installing and inspecting genuinely cares as much for your life and well being as YOU. In my personal opinion the store owner/installer should be in prison and the inspectors should have been fired. There was ten years of near misses before this poophead finally did some major damage. His reputation was well known to all involved. If ever given the slightest chance to see all of them locked up, even if it were just for jaywalking would be so incredibly awesome. What will happen though is the inspectors will continue to play golf and cash fat city job checks (And yes their fat. The lead inspector gets paid 70k and the next guy gets paid 50k) and the jerk who owns that store will continue raping my community for money doing dangerous installs.

Status
Not open for further replies.