Corona Virus

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That video conveniently and venially snips out a segment without the full context or dialog. Here is the full context and conversation that points out that these are some of the toughest choices we all have to make. I know we were in this situation with our parents. It is not easy for doctors or patients. A lot followed that video snippet, including the conversation and decision that Sturm had to make based on her mother's condition.

Reactions: Ashful
That video conveniently and venially snips out a segment without the full context or dialog. Here is the full context and conversation that points out that these are some of the toughest choices we all have to make. I know we were in this situation with our parents. It is not easy for doctors or patients. A lot followed that video snippet, including the conversation and decision that Sturm had to make based on her mother's condition.

Even the little bit shown simply says we need to cut out care at end of life that is un needed. Not saying just let old people die for no reason

Reactions: Ashful
I will way in. In the end, it comes down to Quality, not Quantity
My Father at 89 had a DNR. There were many things they could
have done to extend his life but there would have been no quality
just pain. So for the last week we as family and his doctor chose to
just keep him comfortable and without pain. It was the least we
could do for him. I was at his side when he died and I miss his wisdom dearly
As I said before it is QUALITY, not QUANTITY that counts

That had absolutely nothing to do with private vs public healthcare. It had to do with to much patient load. The same would have happened here in similar circumstances

So Trump has done a pretty good job on this compared to other countries? would you agree?

I agree there is absolutely no way we could be completely prepared for a pandemic. Because clearly we would not know far enough in advance exactly what would be needed. But putting scientists and medical professionals in the leadership instead of the VP and Jared kushner might have been a good idea.

Im sorry. Remind me how many Presidents Fauci has served under again? Has Trump followed his advice? What does Fauci say about testing ? What was Fauci saying about this pandemic in February again? I credit you for thinking Trump is a God but he does rely on experts. Even the experts didnt see this coming. Trump stopped travel anyway. Why dont you give him credit for anything?

I think what you meant to say was,“ patients were triaged based on condition and likely outcome”. Because, that is what happened in places like Italy when they were overwhelmed. In this kind of situation it’s a black and white numbers and odds decision.

In Italy, care was denied based solely on age, it was that bad.

So Trump has done a pretty good job on this compared to other countries? would you agree?
Him personally no not really. Our govt as a whole. Yes better than some worse than others

Im sorry. Remind me how many Presidents Fauci has served under again? Has Trump followed his advice? What does Fauci say about testing ? What was Fauci saying about this pandemic in February again? I credit you for thinking Trump is a God but he does rely on experts. Even the experts didnt see this coming. Trump stopped travel anyway. Why dont you give him credit for anything?
He really doesn't listen to Fauci very well at all no.
Italy, care was denied based solely on age, it was that bad.
Well not just age. Their decision was based upon survivability determinations and the same thing would have happened here if we were faced with the same patient load for our recourses. It has nothing to do with govt run healthcare.

The US has now tested more people than the entire world combined.

Yes, it's also one of the largest nations by land mass and population. There are just more people living here than most other places in the world.

That may be true I didn't check. But Italy has a higher percapita test ratio

Yes, it's also one of the largest nations by land mass and population. There are just more people living here than most other places in the world.

The WHO test would never pass FDA standards. It does not have a high accuracy rate.

That may be true I didn't check. But Italy has a higher percapita test ratio
Because they had more sick people to test. Thank the travel ban for sparing us that.
Remember that Fauci himself said that mass testing of a population is worthless.

The WHO test would never pass FDA standards. It does not have a high accuracy rate.
And what tests have passed fda testing?

Because they had more sick people to test. Thank the travel ban for sparing us that.
Remember that Fauci himself said that mass testing of a population is worthless.
The travel ban came after the virus was here already making it pretty pointless. And there were enough loopholes it really didn't do much.

What do you think this kind of accounting does to death rates? The true number of deaths in the US could potentially be a fraction of what is claimed. Number of deaths translates into money. It also translates into mass hysteria and political propaganda. How can the CCP virus be a contributing factor if the person tested negative?

Corona Virus

What do you think this kind of accounting does to death rates? The true number of deaths in the US could potentially be a fraction of what is claimed. Number of deaths translates into money. It also translates into mass hysteria and political propaganda. How can the CCP virus be a contributing factor if the person tested negative?

View attachment 259558
First it doesn't say they tested negative. Just that they didn't test positive. Most of those were probably not tested. In addition people with a severely compromised immune system can die from the virus without developing the antibodies our tests detect.

First it doesn't say they tested negative. Just that they didn't test positive. Most of those were probably not tested. In addition people with a severely compromised immune system can die from the virus without developing the antibodies our tests detect.

Wrong. We dont even have antibody testing employed. We test RNA.

And currently in PA they are testing sick individuals with positive result in only 1 out of 10.

You really dont know what you are talking about. Serological tests arent used for patient admission. Its RNA

You really dont know what you are talking about. Serological tests arent used for patient admission. Its RNA
Yes many tests are RNA. But they have only been tested by the manufacturer not the fda so honestly the accuracy is completely unknown. And yes there are antibody tests being used as well.

Yes many tests are RNA. But they have only been tested by the manufacturer not the fda so honestly the accuracy is completely unknown. And yes there are antibody tests being used as well.
Antibody testing isnt used on patients for diagnosis. It simply isnt. Please read your own attachment.

Antibody testing isnt used on patients for diagnosis. It simply isnt. Please read your own attachment.
It is but you are correct in that RNA testing is by far the most common. I was wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.