Cooking with a blaze king princess

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb51b

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Dec 24, 2007
Birmingham AL
Does anyone out there do any cooking on a princess? I am mere days away from ordering one and would like to know if it will be able to do as well as my buck 21.. I regularly warm canned items up and keep a kettle simmering all the time..

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Don't know about that particular stove but I imagine your stovetop temps will be good to go!
Lopi has a page with some links to info about cooking on woodstoves, and a few recipes that sound good!
http://www.lopistoves.com/stovecooking/

Well, we'll find out soon enough.. Just ordered the princess, with fans, gold door and gold rails.. Bypassed the ash drawer and the convection top, they didn't fit my needs.. Feel like I was treated fairly by the dealer and they were very knowledgeable about the stoves. I just hope this thing last for years as its far more money than I ever expected to find myself spending on a stove-- ever...

Jason

jtb51b said:
Well, we'll find out soon enough.. Just ordered the princess, with fans, gold door and gold rails.. Bypassed the ash drawer and the convection top, they didn't fit my needs.. Feel like I was treated fairly by the dealer and they were very knowledgeable about the stoves. I just hope this thing last for years as its far more money than I ever expected to find myself spending on a stove-- ever...

Jason

It will be money well spent. Your wood supply is key. It must be dry and you will get your moneys worth. Congratulations.

I talked my dealer into including the adjustable Blaze King pot holder that attaches to the side of the stove top. I lower it down on the top of my stove and damn that makes the venison chilli just awesome! You can warm your pot or get them boiling like pot of beans and ham hocks today in a cast iron dutch oven!

Well, we’ll find out soon enough.. Just ordered the princess, with fans, gold door and gold rails.. Bypassed the ash drawer and the convection top, they didn’t fit my needs.. Feel like I was treated fairly by the dealer and they were very knowledgeable about the stoves. I just hope this thing last for years as its far more money than I ever expected to find myself spending on a stove—ever…

Jason

You'll be very happy with your purchase, its a great stove, not sure about cooking though Id be interested to see how that goes for you..

BigBlockChevy said:
I talked my dealer into including the adjustable Blaze King pot holder that attaches to the side of the stove top. I lower it down on the top of my stove and damn that makes the venison chilli just awesome! You can warm your pot or get them boiling like pot of beans and ham hocks today in a cast iron dutch oven!

Tell us more about this pot holder, photos if you please. I can't find anything on the Blaze King website on these.

She'll definatley be hot enough to warm up so e beans if i leave it on high for just a little while the water starts boiling. Like every one else has been saying its a great stove. You wont regret it.

Ah the infamous pot holder. Here is a picture of mine as requested. Keep in mind that it is adjustable, so to keep the coffee warm, we just set it pretty high up. But you can put a heavy cast pot on this sucker and load it with5 lbs of chilli no problem.

Attachments

• Cooking with a blaze king princess
    hotplate.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,313
Thanks for the pic. I had not seen it or heard mention of it before. Looks like a must have when I get my BK.

I've not seen the potholder on Blaze kings site either. Now i want one, as i made the leap yesterday on a BKK. Is this made for a BK, but not by BK?

BK makes them and my dealer had them on the shelf. They also had a trivet that's cool looking, but I was looking to get the potholder for free (part of the deal when I bought my stove). The trivet was not adjustable in height.

Thanks, I'll see what I can do. Already smell the buffalo and elk chile simmering... :p

No sweat, you bring the beer. Your choice, have over 100lbs. of each in the freezer right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.