Cleaning the front side of the window

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Split

Aug 28, 2022
Nova Scotia, Canada
I use a gritty glass cleaner for the inside of my window. It's much the same as glass stove top cleaner. It works wonders. However the front side of my stoves window seems different. I was wondering how you guys clean the front side window. Is it a different material? Any suggestions and experiences are welcome.

Thanks.

I use a gritty glass cleaner for the inside of my window. It's much the same as glass stove top cleaner. It works wonders. However the front side of my stoves window seems different. I was wondering how you guys clean the front side window. Is it a different material? Any suggestions and experiences are welcome.

Thanks.
some stoves have an IR coating on the outside glass, but i dont know about yours. Mine does, haven't touched it except for a little dusting here and there. And for inside, wet paper towel dipped in a little ash.

Reactions: Split
Inside glass I use wet paper towel and ash. I have yet to clean the outside glass and we've had the stove 5 years. There's really not much on it. I do dust the stove though.