Can anyone recommend a SS liner 15' with T

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
According to the duravent technical support, I can connect my liner T directly to the class A pipe inside the chimney, with a bolt/nut drilled through all walls of the class A. Have you heard of this? Also I can only get my T about an inch or so into the class A, would that be good enough? I would have to cut my T down

That maybe possible, I have never done it, but I would want at least a few inches in. It sounds like it would make for an awkward installation process. This is why 7" class A was suggested.

Let's start again. What parts do you currently have? Do you have the class A thimble in addition to the short section of class A pipe?

That maybe possible, I have never done it. It sounds like it would make for an awkward installation process.

Let's start again. What parts do you currently have? Do you have the class A thimble in addition to the short section of class A pipe?

No thimble yet. The one I linked before connects between 2x4s I believe, so I would need a different kind? I have the chimney liner kit, 6" class A double wall pipe and regular double wall pipe for the inside.If going off the duratech tech guys advice, I could connect the T to the class A prior to installing the liner, connect the T to the liner, then mortar the class A in. Also my class A section is 18" the crock currently in the wall is 12"

Last edited:
It sounds like a 12" section of class A would have been sufficient, but once the thimble is installed it will help hold the leveraged weight of the 18". Getting this installed, mortaring the class A in place while temporarily supporting the class A, then installing a thimble all sounds complicated as heck. I would not have chosen this method and have never tried it so I will defer to anyone who has done it.

what's my thimble option for that type of combustible wall?
We have both posted options for an insulated thimble to pass through a combustible wall. The class a will probably work but it is way more complicated and difficult than just using the products designed for your application.