Can anyone recommend a SS liner 15' with T

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

newcenturystove

Nov 30, 2018
kentucky
Hey guys, decided to bite the bullet and purchase a SS liner about 15' with a T kit.
Can one of you recommend me a kit that is decent and doesn't burn the wallet too badly?

Ok, been looking at the rockford kits on amazon. Does the T connect to the same ID class A pipe? Do you NEED the insulation wrap?
looks like a decent price/kit below

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076JQ8ZJ6/?tag=hearthamazon-20

Last edited:
How do you connect double wall pipe inside to the T
Are you talking about doublewall connector pipe or doublewall class a? Did you ever open up the crock area to see what you have?

Are you talking about doublewall connector pipe or doublewall class a? Did you ever open up the crock area to see what you have?

Haven't opened it up but probably your basic wood frame wall. I've got all double wall pipe for the inside due to that close ceiling clearance, not class A. i'm going to install a thimble for the wall. Does the double wall pipe just connect directly to the T thru the thimble? and does that kit I link look like everything I need for the inside of the chimney portion?

Haven't opened it up but probably your basic wood frame wall. I've got all double wall pipe for the inside due to that close ceiling clearance, not class A. i'm going to install a thimble for the wall. Does the double wall pipe just connect directly to the T thru the thimble? and does that kit I link look like everything I need for the inside of the chimney portion?
What thimble are you planning on using? Yes the kit looks complete

Anything cheaper...? this thing keeps adding up! originally wanted to hook it up to save money lol. What about 8" class A pipe as a "thimble" and keeping 6" of clearance around it thru the wall?
Passing through class a would be fine. That is what i recomened first. I would use 7" instead of 8"

That's what i'll do. Do I need any thing special to connect the double wall Dvl stove pipe to the T inside of the class A pass through?
You don't connect it inside the class a. You run the tee snout all the way through then connect to it following the instructions for the pipe.

Next question, how do you remove the bottom of the T to clean/inspect if your cleanout is far below it?
And if I can't fit the liner thru with the existing clay liner, what's the best way to bust it out?
You don't remove the bottom of the tee. If you want to use your clean out you need another tee and a section of liner to run down to it. Then mortar that tee in so the bottom is sealed.

You won't fit the insulated liner down the existing liner. It needs broken out. I just use a tile breaker. I wouldn't attempt it without the proper equipment but there are some here who have.

You don't remove the bottom of the tee. If you want to use your clean out you need another tee and a section of liner to run down to it. Then mortar that tee in so the bottom is sealed.

You won't fit the insulated liner down the existing liner. It needs broken out. I just use a tile breaker. I wouldn't attempt it without the proper equipment but there are some here who have.

so with steel liner you just brush to the bottom and vacuum it there I assume?

so with steel liner you just brush to the bottom and vacuum it there I assume?
That is how many do it. If there is a clean out I always extend the liner down to it.

begreen and bholler.... need your opinion and expertise on this here. wall is old school wood boards, looks like someone put a piece of thin metal over them for i guess heat protection however long ago. what's my options now? closest wood to that clay thimble is about 1 1/2 inchs or so

This is a combustible wall. Options have not changed from what has previously been recommended in this and the other thread.

Ok, just didn't know if anything changed since that wood is so close. class A pipe calls for 2" of clearance? I can try to trim back the wood a bit to expose more masonry.

You would need a proper thimble, which you said was too expensive and instead chose a class A thimble to pass the class A pipe through the wall. That thimble will maintain the 2" clearance requirement. You posted the part in another thread, though that was for 6" class A. bholler recommended to you to use a 7" thimble so that the 6" snout from the liner can pass through the class A pipe.