Buck model 94 or Englander 30 NC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
That burger photo is not helping my hunger at this point. Need food. Send me burgers.

That is a burger fit for me, now...I am special but not as special as the customer! You come to this place and you get the royal treatment!

The pix I have all get cropped and eliminate the goodstuff from the photos when edited..kinda crappy!

I hope that we get the e-shirt now:-) This is the first burn of the NC30 after finishing last night. They wanted to start the break in fires last night but the resturant was full. I didn't think that would be a good idea and today (8am) they found out why. Luckily you may see in one picture that we have a fan in the wall so I used it to suck the fumes out.

I got it up to about 400 stove top temp and cooled it down to 100. The fire was gone but the stove was still warm to touch. Then we started another fire and got the stove top temp to about 500 and just let it cruise at at 450 and will let it burn out.

First impressions are that we are very pleased...The stove heated up the area quick and got to temp quick! The secondaries took off and burned till reload. Nice big glass door well constructed. Oh, yeah HUGE FIREBOX!!!!! Holy crap is it big! Man you can load that sucker like twice a day.

Two problems:

1. The firebrick next to the door latch would not let the door lever completely tighten the door. Didn't see this till the first fire was well underway. I waited till it wsa cool enough and used welding gloves to remove and use the angle grinder to take the corner off. That did it!

2. The baffle does not span all the way from left to right. It is about .5" off and there is a gap there. The gap is the complete depth of the firebox. You can see the flames go right up the gap. I know this is not proper from what I have seen here and what my Buck looks like. I will call the mfg. and let them know.

I got pix, not of the gap though!

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] Buck model 94 or Englander 30 NC
    second1.webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 262
    second2.webp
    57.2 KB · Views: 262
    second3.webp
    42.3 KB · Views: 265
    second4.webp
    47.4 KB · Views: 245
The gap is normal. The baffle boards need to be wider and no amount of pleading seems to get them to change it. I took care of it with a piece of small steel rod stock from the hardware store pushed through a piece of 1/4" stove gasket rope. The five buck fix. Push the boards to one side with the "device" laying in the space left on the side.

One of the firebricks should have been notched for the latch to clear. You will probably find it next spring while cleaning the stove. :coolsmirk:

You are really cooking now and here is yer shirt.

Attachments

englander t shirt.webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 183
Status
Not open for further replies.