Brand new Drolet 1800, First timers.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Noslen

Dec 26, 2019
Idaho
Hi everyone, I posted a few months ago that we were building a new house and we chose to install the Drolet Escape 1800.

Our first Fire was kind of a pathetic little thing, but our second seems to be doing well!

we don’t have any tools or thermometers yet so we are kind of running blind but we were so excited we just jumped in. Hope we don’t burn the house down....::-)

here’s some pictures, we have a vaulted ceiling so it goes straight up through.

I’ve been lurking, thanks for all the tips!

Brand new Drolet 1800, First timers. Brand new Drolet 1800, First timers.

Hi everyone, I posted a few months ago that we were building a new house and we chose to install the Drolet Escape 1800.

Our first Fire was kind of a pathetic little thing, but our second seems to be doing well!

we don’t have any tools or thermometers yet so we are kind of running blind but we were so excited we just jumped in. Hope we don’t burn the house down....::-)

here’s some pictures, we have a vaulted ceiling so it goes straight up through.

I’ve been lurking, thanks for all the tips!

View attachment 270983 View attachment 270984
Looking good! Is that single wall stovepipe? A magnet thermometer will help

Looking good! Is that single wall stovepipe? A magnet thermometer will help
It is a double wall pipe, I’ve been thinking about getting a probe but haven’t but the bullet. I kind of lean towards wanting to learn with my eyes first, maybe that’s not smart?

clean glass so far, no weird smoke from the chimney when I checked.

It is a double wall pipe, I’ve been thinking about getting a probe but haven’t but the bullet. I kind of lean towards wanting to learn with my eyes first, maybe that’s not smart?

clean glass so far, no weird smoke from the chimney when I checked.
Get the probe thermometer. You can run it by eye but you really need to know what it looks like burning at the right temp. There is no way to do that without a thermometer