Blowers much help with wood stoves? (not inserts)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Are blowers useful?

• Yes

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters
I thought about buying a blower when I bought my woodstove, but the salesman at the stove shop suggested I wait as he said most folks found that they didn't need one and it could easily be added afterwards if I changed my mind.

10 years later and I haven't been back for that blower . . .

T6 with blower,

added the blower after the first year. Night and day difference in heat production using the blower with the T6 in a large home with tons of glass - sliding doors and windows, vaulted ceilings etc. We use the fan most of the time, IMHO besides increasing heat output, it increases flexibility in loads with different temperatures etc.

2 phillips head screws to add the blower so it is not a big deal to add afterwords as long as you can get to the back of the stove.

Reactions: ratsrepus
I thought about buying a blower when I bought my woodstove, but the salesman at the stove shop suggested I wait as he said most folks found that they didn't need one and it could easily be added afterwards if I changed my mind.

10 years later and I haven't been back for that blower . . .
"I don't know what I'm missing," is a pretty weak argument, Jake. >> ;lol

Every home is different. Try it without the blower and see what you think.