Blaze king princess

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gooseduck

Jan 6, 2020
Enfield, Nova Scotia
Just had a new blaze king princess installed few days ago. Love it so far. Just curious does anyone know about bypass lever. I push mine closed and then an extra push is required to get it to click. Not much force. Store I bought it from said they never heard of having to do this. Called blaze king. They said that’s fine. Seems to be working fine. Wondering if anyone has much experience with blaze king. It’s my first cat stove.

Reactions: Rtsnamwolp
You want the click, the shaft is on a cam and that's what locks the flat plate down, always make sure you hear or feel the click. BTW you got a nice stove, I've been running one since 2014 and while I had my issues due to a irregular setup, all in all I'm very happy with the stove and it has functioned as advertised.
A few things accessories to consider that have made a great difference with my stove was getting the blower kit, convection deck and outside air connection kit.
Also what keeps the stove happy is to keep about a 1" layer of ash on the bricks, and once you have a good bed of coals the stove loves big fat dry splits.

Reactions: lsucet
You want the click, the shaft is on a cam and that's what locks the flat plate down, always make sure you hear or feel the click. BTW you got a nice stove, I've been running one since 2014 and while I had my issues due to a irregular setup, all in all I'm very happy with the stove and it has functioned as advertised.
A few things accessories to consider that have made a great difference with my stove was getting the blower kit, convection deck and outside air connection kit.
Also what keeps the stove happy is to keep about a 1" layer of ash on the bricks, and once you have a good bed of coals the stove loves big fat dry splits.
Right on. I was just surprised the place I got it from didn’t know this. This stove seems very efficient. Just load it up and let it go. Last stove I would have to feed every couple hours.

There is a Blaze King performance thread here. That's a good place for questions and answers.

Reactions: Woody Stover
Always made sure mine made the click on the extra push.

Reactions: Highbeam
Welcome to the ''dark'' side... ;lol ;lol

Reactions: MissMac
Yes you need that extra umpffff. If not the bypass plate just rests on the gasket but does not seal. While you will not damage the stove, you will send heat up the liner and bypass the heat producing combustor. Plus emissions will be out of spec. Enjoy your beauty, not a cheap way to heat but an excellent and reliable appliance.

Reactions: Gooseduck