Blaze king Princess

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

darktower007

Feeling the Heat
Oct 16, 2018
Chattanooga
Is it kosher to post a price quote but omit the dealer name? Didn’t know if I was getting hosed.

Also, From the Ashford, Sirocco and Ashford.... which one is recommended over the other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By all means post the quote...the Ashford is very popular here..second only to the Princess...lol

This is not an industry site, it's a consumer site. Post the quote, please. You, and the rest of us, will benefit from the information.

Princess Not installed is $4480.61 installed add $1000 (includes everything)

Sirocco not installed is $4385.18 includes everything

Ashford not installed is $4735.82 includes everything needed to install it.

Shipping is $200 or so and install on all is $1000

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
Princess Not installed is $4480.61 installed add $1000 (includes everything)

Sirocco not installed is $4385.18 includes everything

Ashford not installed is $4735.82 includes everything needed to install it.

Shipping is $200 or so and install on all is $1000

Fantastic. Thanks for sharing the information. Hopefully many others who have been in the same boat will share their experiences.

When I bought my second princess the give me the same price as the first one that was $3800.00. He told me at that time that in two months more the price will go up. And that was the ultra with everything. I did the install on both. I never track how much I spent on double wall piping, class A, support boxes, 45s, caps, brackets, roof braces, etc. Did I forget something?:rolleyes:

When I bought my second princess the give me the same price as the first one that was $3800.00. He told me at that time that in two months more the price will go up. And that was the ultra with everything. I did the install on both. I never track how much I spent on double wall piping, class A, support boxes, 45s, caps, brackets, roof braces, etc. Did I forget something?:rolleyes:

Okay so, I know this question is subjective... and can greatly range in opinions, but is it possible to install a unit without paying $1000 plus for an installer?

I will get quotes locally, and may go that route.... but if the chimney and hearth are cleaned, it doesn’t look to terribly difficult.
Insulate the SS flue, drop the SS flue in, hook up connections, slide the unit in, install units atop chimney put trim piece on.

At least from the YouTube videos I’ve seen lol.

Those prices are high, in my opinion. I just got quotes for special ordering those very same stoves, so there is no discount, and my prices aren’t those at all. Maybe you’re quoting stove and pipe, and I’m just confused. If you are quoting pipe, you should probably indicate what length and type so people can give you a better idea of the quote. If you add my chimney cost to the quote, mine goes well over yours, but I’ve got a tall house and need lots of Class A. Expensive.

I didn't track like mentioned before. But I have around 19ftof stack on one and almost 24on the one that it goes through the two story of the house. I think I am well over $1000 on each one at the prices here, for sure plus I have some spare parts in case I need them. If I was to pay labor for installation, who knows.

I can't find receipts, but calculating a little here, oh boy. I am way more than 1000 on each one. Class A and double telescope stove pipe are expensive. A family member crossing the street has the Ashford and was almost 6000 everything. They require by insurance company to have it installed by a professional cause is a manufactured home.

Broken down prices

Princess $2617
Shroud $317
Insert door $320
6x25 Liner kit/connector/ 316 Alloy $606
Insulation Kit $262
Labor $1000
Freight $200
Tax $365
Total OTD $5680

Sirocco $2900
Shroud panel $193
Base $73
Insulation Kit $262
Labor $1000
Freight $200
Tax $352
Total OTD $5585

Ashford $3299
Surround $193
Insulation Kit $262
Labor $1000
Freight $200
Tax $352
Total OTD $5935.82

I backed out the labor and shipping for the numbers above.

Still high? I assume this is Sticker price they quoted me.

I will say is okay. But who knows many different prices depending on area and time of the year. Let see what others think

Broken down prices

Princess $2617
Shroud $317
Insert door $320
Insulation Kit $262
Labor $1000
Freight $200
Tax $365
Total OTD $5680

Sirocco $2900
Shroud panel $193
Base $73
Insulation Kit $262
Labor $1000
Freight $200
Tax $352
Total OTD $5585

Ashford $3299
Surround $193
Insulation Kit $262
Labor $1000
Freight $200
Tax $352
Total OTD $5935.82

Aha! I think you need to emphasize that these are prices for inserts. They do run higher than freestanding stove. I did have one price quote for a Princess Insert, and it was about 3,500 including door and large (not standard) shroud, so the price for the insert doesn’t look unfairly high. Blaze Kings in general are pricey, so you’d have to know if it’s what you really want and amortize it over the expected years of use of the stove. Hope that helps a little.

Broken down prices

Princess $2617
Shroud $317
Insert door $320
Insulation Kit $262
Labor $1000
Freight $200
Tax $365
Total OTD $5680

Sirocco $2900
Shroud panel $193
Base $73
Insulation Kit $262
Labor $1000
Freight $200
Tax $352
Total OTD $5585

Ashford $3299
Surround $193
Insulation Kit $262
Labor $1000
Freight $200
Tax $352
Total OTD $5935.82

I have the ashford 25 and just the insert was 3600 out the door. Considering yours would have to be shipped farther than mine had to be I don’t think you will find it much cheaper especially at this time of year.

And the dealers farther away may give you a little better deal to make a sale but they probably won’t install it as it’s out of their service area.

So depending on what parts they are using for the liner and length and work involved to get it to fit I don’t see that price being too bad. I paid another 1200 or so for the liner, transition plate, class a pipe and cap (I have a short chimney and needed a few extra get) and miscellaneous items like block off plate, rock wool, silicone, tap cons, and new saw blades. I installed it myself since it would have taken two months to get them to install it as they were busy during the winter.

The princess door is sold separately because you have a choice on a color black or gold. So really it’s not sold separately but just as another line item to get exactly what you want.

Lopi Rockport
Blaze King Ashford 25

I picked up the princess last December for $3400 out the door, *(including the door). The ashford 30 last May $4000 OTD, (door came with it). Did my own installs on existing chimneys. We have 6% sales tax.

Are we talking inserts here or free standing?