Blaze King Princess lower bypass frame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Slicks

Aug 20, 2017
ALASKA
I bought a used Blaze King Princess PEJ1003 and didn't realize the lower bypass frame/catalyst was overheated so badly. This is my first woodstove as I just moved to Alaska. I removed the frame earlier today, because of excessive warpage under the catalyst and the catalyst had gotten damaged I assume from it being over heated. I haven't been able to find the frame Online, but will try calling Blaze King tomorrow. I wish I could have afforded a new stove, but thought a used one would be good for now. The guy I bought it from had a receipt from the previous home owner (he had just bought the house) from having the stove serviced and the door gasket and catalyst were replaced in April. I didn't look at this nearly as well as I should have since it had been recently serviced (what a mistake). He claimed he was only replacing the stove with a bigger King model because of the size of his house. Anyways, everything else looks fine, but does anyone know if this is available? If I end up having to make a new frame would it be better made of stainless steel and a little thicker? There appears to be enough stud length to make it from 3/8" plate.

Thanks, Jason.

Last edited:
Jason,

The 1003 had a sliding bypass. There was not any bypass retainer/gasket system in the model. The 1/2" steel plate, when activated by the bypass handle, slid back and forth over a rectangular opening cut into flat piece of steel. The 1002 did have a drop down bypass door that came down onto a gasket/retainer system, much like the one we use today in the 1006.\\My best suggestion is for you to send me some images to my email address or use a PM function here at hearth.com

Thank you,
BKVP

Reactions: chance04