Blaze King Princess Deactivated Cat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickoneal

Jan 25, 2017
Virginia
Is it normal for a Blaze King stove to deactivate the cat shortly after warming up?

Blaze King Princess Deactivated Cat

No is not. Can you give more details ?

Looks like a dark tabby lying on a sofa.

One 90 degree bend where the tailbone connects to the backbone. Otherwise pretty straight shot.

Reactions: patrickoneal
Yeah, you got me good in that one==c

Looks covered in ash; Try blowing it clean with an air can. Those black spots could be creo deposits though, may have to use vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Good luck. ;lol

Those cats tend to start having lag issues after 12,000 hrs of use according to the manufacturer

Reactions: patrickoneal
You only have to worry if it plugs up because blowing it out could result in a visit to the ER!

Always wear leather gloves and eye protection when attempting to vaccum the cat.

I actually still have a 20 year old scar from an incident where I was simply swapping out a cat without safety gear.

Reactions: HisTreeNut
Looking close-up, I would say be careful what you burn with that cat. I'd probably avoid dogwood.
Hard to say what the issue is because the picture is a little fuzzy...

Reactions: tpenny67
Reactions: lsucet
Status
Not open for further replies.