Blaze King Pricing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjorn773

Hearth Supporter
Sep 12, 2007
Rockford, Illinois
I'm on the fence about a new stove. I would like to upgrade my century. I called my closest dealer for Blaze King(75miles away) and the Princess Classic with blower was $2555. Without driving 150 miles to look at it, is this a fair price? I have a Hearthstone Dealer in town and can get a Hearthstone Heritage for about the same money. I realize these are two different animals, but I question having my dealer 75 miles away.

Are you planning on having the dealer do the install? If not, what difference does it really make? I seriously doubt that you will have a need for the dealer if the stove is properly installed and operated. You are afterall looking at two stoves that have excellent reputations for quality and performance there. Then again, I am an optimist and look where my 'dealer' is in relation to me eh?

Easy way to find out is call a few other dealers and ask the price on the stove. I would suggest trying to buy as local as possible (even if it is 75 miles away) In the event that you do have a problem. As long as your most local dealer is with a hundred bucks or so as everyone else, I'd shop local

$2555 isn't all that bad. Around the east coast most retailers are quoting between $2800 and $ 3100 for the Princes. I did have my local guy down to $2400 for there floor model Princes but decided to go with the King.

That's a fair price. You might be able to do better with some shopping around, but given we are going into peak season, that's a reasonable price.

in alaska blaze king ultra king goes for 2800$ new

bjorn773 said:
I'm on the fence about a new stove. I would like to upgrade my century. I called my closest dealer for Blaze King(75miles away) and the Princess Classic with blower was $2555. Without driving 150 miles to look at it, is this a fair price? I have a Hearthstone Dealer in town and can get a Hearthstone Heritage for about the same money. I realize these are two different animals, but I question having my dealer 75 miles away.

They are two different stoves. If the Blaze King has the features you want, go get it. The price is a little on the high side, and that keeps me from buying one. There is real value in having a dealer nearby, but features would be what drives my decision. You might try calling some of the more distant Blaze King dealers, in particular in Missouri and Iowa (west side of Mississippi) to see what they are selling them for, just as a price check.

That's a great price on the heritage. It is normally a 3000$ stove.

I would drive much farther than 75 miles for a good deal on the stove I wanted. Heck, that's like 1.5 hours. People drive farther than that to work every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.