Blaze king owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kwikrp

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
SE Mass
Do you check stovetop temps or just cat gauge? Got a king ultra and highest I have seen so far is 400* stove top. My old defiant would get 700-800*. Am I missing something?

do you let it come up to that temp before you turn down thermostat ? So it is set on 4+ then? I put some kiln dried stuff in it. What about the fans? Do you wait to turn them on or do you turn them on once you engage the cat? My window is all brown? I have been engaging cat once it goes past the active on the gauge? Do you wait longer? and when you close bypass do you just turn the handle so it faces down and then a little more so it locks down ?

Thanks for the help

my cat gauge has gotten that high but the stove top does not where are you placing it on the stove?

Sounds like your woods wet maybe? This is after a turn down if it helps.

Attachments

• Blaze king owners
    cat after turn down.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 296
Temps into the low burn, A couple of hours into its settling down for the long haul.

Attachments

• Blaze king owners
    low burn cat not glowing.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 281
I let it get hot before I turn the fan up, or I turn the fan off if Im starting cold then wait til its good and hot, about where n60 has his gauge.

I leave it 4+ after a reload until the wood is charred. The thermometer is usually around 10 oclock or so when I turn the tstat down to around 3 and close the bypass. The thermometer than goes to where N60s first picture shows. After the cat is good and lit, I set the tstat/blowers for the burn. For me, this is 1.5-2 no blowers in mild temps and 3+ full blowers when it is cold and blowing. I always load the firebox to the top no matter the weather.

had mine up to 700 really quick this morning. same as north on low burn mines at least 400 and 4 to 5 hours later. calming down to bout 300 for hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.