Blaze king install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pete1018

Hearth Supporter
Dec 28, 2009
Kawartha Lakes,Ontario
Purchased a Princess model and wanted to install it on the main floor were the existing Regency F2400m is now. I measured the stove pipe on the Regency and it is only 18" before the bend to the liner. Blaze king recommends 36" vertcal rise. Is there any options other than a basement istall. If I am stuck locating it in the basement a hearth pad is required Note: In Canada, a floor protection with a minimum of 43†x 55†for the PE is required. Is 43" the width or depth?

Attachments

• Blaze king install
    IMG_2412.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 499
I'am no expert on the subject, but i would go ahead and install the princess, and see what the draft will be, putting the stove in your basement will not perform like you need it to. what size of stove pipe are you using? If you could use 8in pipe you would get a better draft.

I will be using the existing 6". I believe the height is 19 feet. I havn't moved into the house yet so trying to get it installed before move in. The Regency when I tried it didn't seem to have a very long burn time and got a good deal on the Blaze King. I would also prefer it on the main level as the basement is unfinished.

I would go ahead with the install as well, it is a recommendation, not a requirement. I think the reason is that BK's seem to be prone to smoking out a little anyway, so if there is an elbow within 3' it will worsen the problem. With 19' of flue I think you will be ok.

Thanks. The existing pipe is ICC. Not sure if this is two 45's or a 90 but looks to be screwed together like 2 45's. Your looks to have a longer connection between the two 45's.

Attachments

• Blaze king install
    IMG_2449.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 444
Using 8" pipe on a stove that calls for 6" will NOT make for better draft, it will most likely in fact do the opposite.
As I always remind from time to time, weigh the advice given here carefully before using it. Get many opinions, advice and thoughts from those using similar set ups similar to your own, and it will make for less waste of money & headaches.

There was a stove in the basement which was a partial trade on the Princess, I was thinking of putting the pellet stove in its spot as I could regulate the temp better to keep from freezing and to avoid the baseboards from coming on. The price of pellets in Canada is out to lunch compared to the states. Both locations have existing 6" pipe. The hood over where the Regency is located has a floor grill above it which is located in one of the upstairs bedrooms so would probably get more heat from the BK vs the pellet stove in that location.

Hogwildz said:
Using 8" pipe on a stove that calls for 6" will NOT make for better draft, it will most likely in fact do the opposite.
As I always remind from time to time, weigh the advice given here carefully before using it. Get many opinions, advice and thoughts from those using similar set ups similar to your own, and it will make for less waste of money & headaches.

I agree with Hogz. If you use 8" it will cause lower flue temps which leads to lower velocity if you are thinking about trying 8" please talk to your dealer first and get their opinion. Modern stoves are designed for certain temperature and air flow and altering either can cause problems.

Not thinking about 8 inch which is why I purchased the princess so that I could use the existing 6 inch.

Status
Not open for further replies.