Blaze King Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can pick the pipe off the stove, it sounds like the telescopic section is not extended far enough which is the experience I had. The only way I could get around it was to move the stove forward 3 or 4 feet, extend the telescopic beyond its desired length and set it in place at an angle. Then slide the stove back into position. It is now tight against both the stove top and the ceiling adaptor.

There is plenty of pipe inside the receiving piece, a foot plus. They act like there rusted together when I try and separate them.

I had the exact same experience. It took a little encouragement to get them separated and had no hope of doing it in place that last 3/4 inch.

SolarAndWood said:
If you can pick the pipe off the stove, it sounds like the telescopic section is not extended far enough which is the experience I had. The only way I could get around it was to move the stove forward 3 or 4 feet, extend the telescopic beyond its desired length and set it in place at an angle. Then slide the stove back into position. It is now tight against both the stove top and the ceiling adaptor.

Damn, I thought one of the main advantages of telescoping pipe was not having to go through
these kinds of contortions.

Toejam, I see you're in Johnstown. I'm just a spit and holler away in Indiana. Did you buy your stove locally? I'd like to stop by a dealer around here who can do some digging to help with older BK parts.

Love the install pics btw. How did this work out for you?

Craig

I ride my bike once a week to Indiana. I am right outside ebensburgh in the town of vinco.

I bought my stove in Punxsutawney. Go to blaze kings web site and look up dealers. I have his info if you want it.

Thanks for the kind words.

The stove worked out really well. This stove is amazing. The house has averaged around 79 threw out the winter. I ran out of dry wood last week and have been burning some wetter wood. The stove isnt the same with wetter wood. I have been burning 24-7 for two months now. I only had around 2-1/2 cords of dry wood. Next year I will have 4 ready. My only gripe is this simpson duravent pipe. The telescoping piece is all scratched up because of the tight fit. I dont know why they wouldnt make the pipe more passive making it easier to install and clean. Its a piece of junk if you ask me. I wouldnt recommend this pipe to anyone.

Travis

Are your temps going kind of crazy with the wetter wood? My wood has only seasoned for around a year and it's driving me nuts. I'm trying to get a new thermostat for this old stove, but part of the problem for me might be the wetter wood. Crazy thing will sit on one temp for hours, then all of a sudden start climbing! Please let me know if you're experiencing the same thing.

And don't tell me you ride a bicycle from Ebensburg to Indiana and back? I wouldn't make it to Revloc before walking home! LOL

Craig

Your wood should be dry enough if its been sitting outside all year.

The temps just take longer to get hotter when using wet vs dry wood.

I cant get the newer wood to burn. I have been mixing it 50/50 with dry wood to get it burning. The dry wood would burn immediately after placing it on the hot coals. This new stuff will not burn if I did this, it would smolder for hours and creates a smoke storm outside.

Hope this helps, does ur stove have a cat in it?

Blaze King Install

I love riding my bikes. This gets 50mpg and insurance is 7.00 a month. I deliver my work locally once a week and saves alot of money. I try and pick up the work on a nice day in the week. I was just there yesterday, beautiful day. lol

I am going to be transporting my buell bike to Tampa Florida in a few weeks and flying down with a couple buddies who have harleys and spending four days riding home on back roads.

Status
Not open for further replies.