Blaze King fodder.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
I split large pieces , 4x4 to 8x8 works well for my application, red oak here about two years out.
I debark mine dries quicker, takes more time splitting though.

Blaze King fodder. Blaze King fodder. Blaze King fodder.

Red oak of 8x8 won't be done in 2 years where I live.
Nice wood tho - and so easy to split :)

I stack in direct s
Red oak of 8x8 won't be done in 2 years where I live.
Nice wood tho - and so easy to split :)
I stack in direct sun with a clear plastic top covering coming down the sides no more than a foot, I've had wood at 20% in a year during a hot summer.

Reactions: johneh
Some good looking oak! I love the way that stuff smells. So you say it dries quicker with the bark off? I never have debarked a tree. Although, often much of the bark falls off when it is getting split.

Some good looking oak! I love the way that stuff smells. So you say it dries quicker with the bark off? I never have debarked a tree. Although, often much of the bark falls off when it is getting split.
That's been my experience, also the clear plastic covering really expedites drying that's a fact , direct sunlight though.