Blaze King Burn times?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I can save Tax as well. I still have to call for the shipping quote but I was given a quote from a local company for $325 - $400 based on 500 LBS shipping weight and if a lift gate is needed for pick up and or delivery.

Yeah, figure about 3 to 4 bills for shipping a stove out east. I did not have to pay a tax either, no other charges. Like I said, my Parlor came to almost exactly $2k shipped to a business (which is cheaper since no lift gate is needed), but I bought a few of them for a slight discount also. No issues with them or with shipping.

$339 to ship a Princess to my door or $226 to a freight terminal to Wausau which is an hour away. Along with the tax credit it sounds like a great deal, but I have to hold back, I like my soapstone and Woodstock promised me they were coming out with a bigger stove. Damn it, you guys get me all riled up talking about new stoves, I need some cold weather so I can fire up my stove and stop thinking of new ones. :lol:

You need a new stove Todd. How can you pass this deal up? Once in a lifetime opportunity with the tax credit and all. Do you really think that woodstock will have a big stove ready for us before the credit expires? Do you want to be the one that tests the new design? Do you think it will have a thermostat?

BK sounds like burger king. Mmmmm, a whopper.

Highbeam said:
You need a new stove Todd. How can you pass this deal up? Once in a lifetime opportunity with the tax credit and all. Do you really think that woodstock will have a big stove ready for us before the credit expires? Do you want to be the one that tests the new design? Do you think it will have a thermostat?

BK sounds like burger king. Mmmmm, a whopper.

:lol: :lol: So I suppose you already put in your BK order? Yeah, the thermostat is a great thing, hopefully Woodstock will come through. I can wait another year hopefully.

Todd said:
$339 to ship a Princess to my door or $226 to a freight terminal to Wausau which is an hour away. Along with the tax credit it sounds like a great deal, but I have to hold back, I like my soapstone and Woodstock promised me they were coming out with a bigger stove. Damn it, you guys get me all riled up talking about new stoves, I need some cold weather so I can fire up my stove and stop thinking of new ones. :lol:

What the h**l are you doing thinking of a new stove when you're trying to talk me into a Fireview?!?

wendell said:
What the h**l are you doing thinking of a new stove when you're trying to talk me into a Fireview?!?

Me and Todd are always thinking about a new stove. :red:

wendell said:
Todd said:

Just curious, I've been looking at Blaze King for a few years, but I still love my rock. It doesn't hurt to look does it? I also have a fireplace that would look nice with a Princess inside it. Did you buy it yet?

Not yet. My accountant found a mistake in my taxes so there went my stove money. But I may still figure something out. I don't have to pay Uncle Sam until 10/15. :-(

wendell said:
Not yet. My accountant found a mistake in my taxes so there went my stove money. But I may still figure something out. I don't have to pay Uncle Sam until 10/15. :-(

That's too bad, Maybe you could find a good deal on a used one somewhere. ;-)

You know, Todd, I think that BlazeKing would be a great stove for you! ;-P

I think you both have the right idea. :)

I think it's only a matter of time for Highbeam as well! :cheese:

Wet1 said:

I'm up to my ears in remodel right now and afterwards the new insulation will tell me whether I need a new stove or a second stove. Anybody doing plumbing should really consider pex and sharkbite fittings, I am grinning like a chump after using them.

Highbeam said:
Wet1 said:

I'm up to my ears in remodel right now and afterwards the new insulation will tell me whether I need a new stove or a second stove. Anybody doing plumbing should really consider pex and sharkbite fittings, I am grinning like a chump after using them.

Damn straight! Best invention since sex!!!!!!!!

I agree, I just wish the sharkbite fittings were cheaper...

Hay Wet thanks for posting that link.............

The local dealer wants $3500.00 :long:

Highbeam said:
Wet1 said:

Good luck using those sharkbite fittings if your pex is the aluminum-sheathed FOSTAPEX and you don't have the stripping tool; My dremel with sanding bit came in REAL handy when I had to make some emergency repairs.

I finished my plumbing yesterday after pressure testing the whole bathroom at 100psi for 24 hours. They didn't leak a bit and were as easy as pie to install onto the normal red and blue non-shielded pex. At the tie in to my existing copper plumbing I used a tee to push onto the copper and pex. All went very smoothly. I didn't believe they could even work until I pressure tested it. Yeah, my shower valve had 20$ worth of sharkbite fittings attached to it. A 100 foot roll of pex costs 25$ at HD and bends to a 6" radius. The only fittings I needed were the tees and the termination valves at the shower valve, toilet, etc. No inline couplers or elbows.

Plumbers beware!

My only concern is the O-rings in them failing. At some point (when I don't know), they are going to fail. Is that after 10 years? 20?

At least with traditional plumbing, you generally don't have to worry about fittings failing within your lifetime.

Unless you are taking them off and putting them on a lot you shouldn't have any o-ring issues.

I did a lot of investigating on the sharkbites and didn't find anything negative about them except they should only be used in accessible areas not behind a wall or under a floor where you cant get to them. After my research (before I installed my stove) I re-plumbed my whole house with the pex. I used a junction block and ran a separate line to each fixture. Now, if I have a problem (which can only be at the fixture or the junction block) I can just shut the single line down while maintaining water to the rest of the house.

In the Pic below you see 2 white lines which supply toilets, the red (hot) and blue (cold) supply everything else. The main line coming in you see a few sharkbites and a shut off valve. Total cost was $642.

Attachments

• Blaze King Burn times?
    DSC00027.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 371
Wet1 said:
I mentioned it to the local guys as well as the distributor. I also asked about having them drop shipped directly to me, so all they had to do was take my cash. All of them pretty much acted like I was nuts and that I couldn't get the stoves for that price. All, including the distributor, told me I can't buy the stoves outside of my local area so they weren't budging on the price. They felt that I had no choice but to buy through them. Very arrogant to say the least. In the end, I was getting pretty irritated and upset just trying to support these guys. Anyway, the east coast dealers are forced to buy through the distributor, so they can't deal directly with BK even if they wanted to, it's a big hole in BK's distribution system. I don't know how much the distributor (Fireside) is adding to the price of BK products vs the dealers, but there's a very obvious price difference once you get outside the east coast.

You seem to know what your talking about, I'm in the market for a stove too. Do you recommend a dealer? Do you have a store? I tried to go to the link that was posted further down however, they won't sell to me in NC. Thanks for the help!

Firestarter13 said:
Wet1 said:
I mentioned it to the local guys as well as the distributor. I also asked about having them drop shipped directly to me, so all they had to do was take my cash. All of them pretty much acted like I was nuts and that I couldn't get the stoves for that price. All, including the distributor, told me I can't buy the stoves outside of my local area so they weren't budging on the price. They felt that I had no choice but to buy through them. Very arrogant to say the least. In the end, I was getting pretty irritated and upset just trying to support these guys. Anyway, the east coast dealers are forced to buy through the distributor, so they can't deal directly with BK even if they wanted to, it's a big hole in BK's distribution system. I don't know how much the distributor (Fireside) is adding to the price of BK products vs the dealers, but there's a very obvious price difference once you get outside the east coast.

You seem to know what your talking about, I'm in the market for a stove too. Do you recommend a dealer? Do you have a store? I tried to go to the link that was posted further down however, they won't sell to me in NC. Thanks for the help!
I'd highly recommend calling around to BK dealers outside of the east coast. I called several around the midwest and on the west coast, I found many that were willing to ship a stove to me, and all were more reasonable (even after shipping) than dealing with any of the east coast dealers I contacted. The east coast distributor (Fireside) just adds way to much to the price of these stoves for the Atlantic dealers to be competitive.

If you can't find a BK product at a reasonable price, you might want to look into the Buck products as well.

They sell them at Home Hardware dealers in BC (not sure if that goes across Canada). You might want to phone a Home Hardware dealer located north of the border (no idea if that chain is in the US) to see if they carry it out your way. They are priced very well in the stores here.

No idea if that is useful information or not.

About this pricing deal...I called AutoRain and spoke to the manager. I asked about the big increase on their web site for the Blaze King's and lots of their other stuff. AutoRain is big in the irrigation business and I wanted to purchase a second stove for my shop and some materials to add a water coil system. Every single item I needed went up in price.

According to the so called boss, they have a computer program that runs the price/cost issues for their web site. They had an error in the program that sold THOUSANDS of items, not just wood stoves, at nearly no profit or at less than what they paid for it!!! The boss man says an employee caught the error when it read about the price differneces on this website.

Oh well some guys got great deals and now I'll have to burn up the ol' phone lines looking for a deal...

Highbeam said:
Wet1 said:

Pex is the future. Most every plumber I know has made the switch to PEx, durapex, or worsbo. Their only complaint is when they charge ppl old school prices for such an easy job. I can tell u Pex can take a freeze and not break, plus u can bury it unlike sharkbite.

We reserve Shark type fittings for tight spots and repairs. Too expensive. I built a manifold out of regular pex and alot of T's. 4yrs and still no problems.

I was supposed to use a copper manifold but I was too lazy to drive to town.

*crosses fingers*

Status
Not open for further replies.