Best Ac drain line treatment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

stoveliker

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 17, 2019
Long Island NY
So, having been gone for 4 weeks in July, I prepared my mini split drains by pouring a bottle of PF 2000 drain line cleaner (bought at the orange store) in the pan of each head, and adding tablets to the pan that were supposed to inhibit mold growth.

All was fine, I thought. It's been humid here and the thing has been running constantly (at 80 F when I was gone).

This morning (6 days after getting home, luckily), one was leaking. I e. Pan overflowing.
So I stopped that head.

I have before used my shop vac at the end of the drain line to suck out any debris in there. But I had later a disconnected drain line section in the channel that covers the lines on the side of the home. (Water leaking out of the line set channel)
I don't know for sure but given that the line goes from 3 ft below ground floor to the second story, it's tall and I suspect that sucking on it with the shop vac might have disconnected an already poor connection halfway up.

Still I'm going to do that again later today.

And pour another bottle of that cleaner in there.

What do you all do? Is there a better way? Better stuff?