Austroflamm Air Sensor or Logic Lock?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My auger motor makes a pretty noticeable whirring noise, but it's probably because it's 22 years old, original to the stove. I took it apart to see what was going on in the gearbox, and the grease was black and thick from age. What I'm going to do when the season is over is to completely degrease and repack.

However, as another member here mentioned, the biggest help would be to isolate the motor from the auger. The physical connection of the two turns the hopper into one giant sounding board. Perhaps that can be the subject of a future discussion thread among us Integra owners, but if you have any ideas in the meantime, I'd love to hear 'em.

I have an idea but I would have to figure out how to install it. Since the motor/gearbox hangs from the auger shaft, it's rigidly connected. There are a bonch of insustrial shaft couplings out there. I just need to figure out how to adapt one. It's possible you would have to resupport the motor/gearbox. When I swap my stove out, I may just try moving the the motor from the York over to the Integra first.

I was thinking of trying a couple of socket swivel connectors, but I'm not doing anything until the winter is over.

The videos probably made the convection fan sound louder than it is...but don't get me wrong, it is pretty loud when running hot. But I would say that my auger motor is pretty quiet. The convection fan doesn't get loud until the stove is good and warmed up.

I bought my lower cast wall gasket from Jason Munson, and he has been kind to answer my emails on various questions. But when looking for the air sensor when I started this thread, I didn't see that he had any, so I ordered one from these guys. http://www.poolspapelletstoveparts.com/products.php?cat=16 The part came fast, and when I emailed them and told them about the Logic Lock, they said I could send it back and they would refund completely. So pretty happy with both of these suppliers. I think I'm going to get some bushings and combustion gasket from the pool/spa place since they did me good on returning the air sensor.

I'm really eager to clean the whole stove again, especially the combustion motor. But I have a feeling that I'm going to want to get some more air to the burn pot. The stove burns "okay" on say three...but when I turn it down below three, it gets kind of dirty and less efficient.

"Eager to clean again"?C'mon Jeff,we can find you a hobby,drink beer and watch football!Just kiddin.The integra never tested well for emissions at lower heat levels,dirtier burn.From my years of running this old one,crank it up to 2/3 once a day,scrape out burn pot once a day,while running,clean pot(holes are important),windows ash pan and vacuum once a week.Teardown and compleat clean at end of season,or every three tons.My windows get dirty faster as I do not run the fake logs,as stove is in dirt floor basement.Just cleaned mine today after a week,soldered in part in pc board also.Now I can do a cold startup again!Bob P.S. rkbaguy have a few thoughts about auger,reccomend start new thread so others can find it and chip in?

Reactions: Jeff Lawson
C'mon Jeff,we can find you a hobby,drink beer and watch football!
Or just drink beer. :-*

Another thread on auger mods would be a great idea.

Bob, that's interesting information on the Integra not being efficient at lower settings, and corroborates my experience trying to keep the glass clean, per another thread I have on air was and gaskets. It seems though this stove is supposed to have tested as very efficient, they didn't say at what setting. Kinda like MPG for cars, I suppose, where the estimate is at the optimal efficiency.

Last edited:
"Eager to clean again"?C'mon Jeff,we can find you a hobby,drink beer and watch football!Just kiddin.The integra never tested well for emissions at lower heat levels,dirtier burn.From my years of running this old one,crank it up to 2/3 once a day,scrape out burn pot once a day,while running,clean pot(holes are important),windows ash pan and vacuum once a week.Teardown and compleat clean at end of season,or every three tons.My windows get dirty faster as I do not run the fake logs,as stove is in dirt floor basement.Just cleaned mine today after a week,soldered in part in pc board also.Now I can do a cold startup again!Bob P.S. rkbaguy have a few thoughts about auger,reccomend start new thread so others can find it and chip in?
Well, this makes more sense. I too can vouch that less than 2 is pretty dirty. Between the logic lock and low settings, I have a racing stripe going up the side of our stucco.

Where do you keep the duty cycle when running a thermostat? 4?

Ya the convection fan sounds loud, when you pull it out make sure to clean all the blades on the squirrel cage. I just put a couple drops of 3 in 1 oil on each bushing every season and its good to go. When you pull the combustion blower and want to remove the fan the nut is a REVERSE thread. The old Austroflamms are real good units, I have almost 100 tons burned in mine with only a auger motor replacement last year.

Reactions: Jeff Lawson
Status
Not open for further replies.