Any way to use a free standing stove in this situation?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Jotul F500 or F600 might work out well. Thanks to those of you that recommended it. Showed it to my wife and she likes it way more than the Regency. Does not come with a blower, but I think we can live without that. Flue outlet is in the rear and it has a 6" flue which should work in the masonry chimney.

Yes same btu with no heat distribution system. And does your current house have those two areas of vaulted ceiling?? They eat up a massive ammout of btus.

Nope, current house does not have a 2 story anything. I can see where the problem will be. Bedrooms might be nice and toasty, but the main level might be cold. If that ends up being the case, I'll move my office to the basement and turn the heat on to the main level once the kids and my wife get home from school/work.

Jotul F500 or F600 might work out well. Thanks to those of you that recommended it. Showed it to my wife and she likes it way more than the Regency. Does not come with a blower, but I think we can live without that. Flue outlet is in the rear and it has a 6" flue which should work in the masonry chimney.
If looking for pretty, also look at the Hearthstone Manchester and Quadrafire Explorer III. Both are 3 cu ft stoves. But first determine if there's a real masonry chimney.

If looking for pretty, also look at the Hearthstone Manchester and Quadrafire Explorer III. Both are 3 cu ft stoves. But first determine if there's a real masonry chimney.

Looks like the Quadrafire Explorer III is also an option, but it is rated at 70,300 btu versus 80,000 for the Jotul. The Quadrafire has an optional blower though. Both are very nice looking stoves. Might just come down to dimensions and fit. Will know more on Thursday.